Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clouserkid1

Penn Torque 100 or 200?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Im going to be buying a torque but not the new lever drag model im just gonna buy a star drag one. Im trying to decide on the 100 or 200 model. And Im also going to get a rod to mach it with. What is the nicest but not breaking 150 bucks rod to get to mach the reel. Does anyone have any complaints about the reel. And I will be using the reel for striper, kings, deep freestyle jigging, amberjacks, all of the tower fish. ALSO IS THE REEL MADE IN THE GREAT USAheart.gif

I've been fishing a 100 for a little over a year. I really like it - no complaints at all.

Be advised that they are HEAVY... the 100 comes in at around 23 ozs.; the 200 is around 27 ozs.

I fish it on rods rated for either 15-30# or 20-40#. For me, it is a boat reel - have never used it in the surf.

the water is only about 50-70 ft deep around the tower so the line capacity wouldn't be an issue there, but if you are planning to DEEP drop for tilefish, jumbo seabass, wreckfish, and grouper along the canyon wall you would need something bigger than the 100

View Postthe water is only about 50-70 ft deep around the tower so the line capacity wouldn't be an issue there, but if you are planning to DEEP drop for tilefish, jumbo seabass, wreckfish, and grouper along the canyon wall you would need something bigger than the 100

nah the chesapeake light tower and south tower in carolina would be all I would do.

100 all the way kyle. I've had mine for a little over a year and love it. Great on boats and also in the surf and on the pier too believe it or not....on the pier i used it as an anchor reel...

The 100 is my suggestion to you. wink.gif

View Postok thanks thats what im going to use it for too austin how much did you get yours for and where?

Parents got it for me for christmas from bass pro and i think for like $350(?)....Not exactly sure about that though... Google it and look up different prices...

The TRQ100 holds 325 yards of 50-pound Big Game Braid solid, packed on VERY tight with a gloved hand a line winding machine.

The TRQ200 holds 400 yards of 65-pound Big Game Braid solid.

Both are absolutely made in the USA

Disclaimer- affiliated

i have the 200 i cant say anything good about mine i had the drive shaft and star drag wheel strip out on it the day i got it for a rod take a good look at the daiwa saltiga jigging rods they beat the pants off the shimano trevalas

I have the 100 .. its a tank of a reel. it's tight and smooth .. got mine new for 3bills on flea bay. Pared it with a Gloomis ProBlue 6'6 20-40lb rod 50lb PP..

I'd go with the 100 for the mag controal makes it an excellent boat rod .. I can pitch a chunk away from the boat further than most who use spinners ..