Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plugged

It didnt take long to destroy this country

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

View PostThe liberal ideology in which the burden of the nation's economy is put squarely on the middle class and those who benefit from their efforts do not contribute to the creation of wealth is what is slowly eroding a delicate financial balance. Then propping the broken system up with borrowed money has begun the ball rolling faster and faster.

Had to read that twice before agreeing with it...."the brunt" as well as the burden!

View Post

Is Social Security wrong? Public schools? What shall we do with our sick and infirmed? Some liberal programs have good functions....and lousy administration...

The Fall has been building before Obama was born.

The question is, if we could work together, why doesn't the government start prosecuting the fraud that contributed to the mortgage and bank failures? And what's it gonna take to put the dampers on this kind of activity? Otherwise simply more "stimulus" plans are going the same way....in the hands of crooks!

View PostWhen you think about it we really didnt take to long to destroy this country and completely ruin quite a bit. You figure it was only over the course of a few hundred years that e took a government for the people by the people and let it become a government for the government.

We have let some of this get way out of control - with all this debt and potential nationalization of insolvent banks to a social security and welfare system that can never be funded you wonder when we the people are going to have to take drastic measures to re-secure this country's future and take it back again.

We have moved so far away from the constitution over the last 25 years it is not even funny.

We have so much bureaucracy and waste that we cant afford it anymore - we have a dim future ahead if everyone doesnt wake up and begin to take back our government.

We really need to clean house at the state and federal levels, get rid of all the career politicians who really dont serve you and me and inact term limits once and for all.

What are you prepared to do about it?

Bighead

View PostI really just find it odd how so many are just fine with this congress and previous congress and piling up another few trillion in debt this year and all the entitlement programs that we can no longer afford to fund - but then again it just points out the sheep who are just fine with things. Its pretty bad and getting even worse with govt growing by the day but I dont expect some of you to have a problem with that.

And I am not packing up and moving on - I am merely talking about changing who controls our govt - obviously another thing some of you have no real desire to change. The likes of 20 year plus career politicians make you giddy and tingly.

What confuses me, is how can we spend money we don't have in the first place?

I see they a re printing more, but more what?

I mean, I can take a piece of clam shell, tell you it's worth a small fortune, but if everyone else is not in on the super secret info, you are out of luck when you go to redeem it.

View PostHad to read that twice before agreeing with it...."the brunt" as well as the burden!

The question is, if we could work together, why doesn't the government start prosecuting the fraud that contributed to the mortgage and bank failures? And what's it gonna take to put the dampers on this kind of activity? Otherwise simply more "stimulus" plans are going the same way....in the hands of crooks!

Because they are part of the greedy party taking their cut.

If folks would actually get prosecuted, HEAVILY, for perpetrating high level crimes like these, they might actually think twice about committing them.

Instead, the take more taxpayer money, stuff in their pockets and laugh while patting each other on the back for a job well done.

This crap really needs to stop!cwm13.gif

View PostBecause they are part of the greedy party taking their cut.

If folks would actually get prosecuted, HEAVILY, for perpetrating high level crimes like these, they might actually think twice about committing them.

Instead, the take more taxpayer money, stuff in their pockets and laugh while patting each other on the back for a job well done.

This crap really needs to stop!cwm13.gif

If it doesn't, the public is never going to trust any of the stocks, and markets....and without some degree of "trust" there will be nothing but continued fraud and lack of investing...making a deeply depressed market even more so...

View PostUltimately it's the entitlement culture self-destructing. We now have so many people in this country that feel they or others are entitled that they control the electorate. Politicians need them to stay in office and won't disappoint. The cycle of increasing taking/spending won't stop until the system collapses. We may be watching it right now, but it'll happen in any case, because too many people no longer have pride or honor.

It won't be capitalism that killed it, it'll be what started out as "kindness."

Dan, what on earth are you talking about? The entitlement culture is self-destructing? Where? The financial system is self-destructing on this planet and if a culture of entitlement is causing it then it's the entitlement culture of Wall Street, not Main Street. The banking and investor class, not the working class. The programs that you like to call entitlements have been and will continue to be fully paid for. Funding for entitlements has a $2 trillion + surplus. Payroll taxes and the so-called "entitlements" (a term coined by a billionaire, go figure) that they pay for didn't rack up $12 trillion in debt and didn't cause the banking system to collapse. Rather, it was Wall Street's entitlement culture that bankrolled the politicians who changed the rules and set up the system to collapse. Kindness didn't have anything to do with capitalism running amok and self-destructing-and anyone with a slight degree of pride or honor should be truthful enough to acknowledge what brought our economy to this breaking point.

View PostWhile not a fan of the Democrats (most),

In the State of Washington there is only one Democrat I routinely vote fer: State Auditor Brian Sontag who is my favorite local pol. He is fearless and tough on both his own party who dominates this Soviet State and Republicans when they hold an office or two. The Republicans in this hard left dominated State are wobbly, big spenders and generally to the Left of Texas Democrats.

Example: we blew up one of the strongest structures EVER BUILT in the world with a brand new 70 Million dollar roof over earthquake hype that was pure baloney, (with respect to that structure), against the expressed wishes of the voters, and built the two most expensive stadiums (at that time), for billionares, (Paul Allen et al to corntrol) and millionares to play in, (pro sports). Very Foolish as dim wit Democrats and the fools who vote fer 'em always are. Is Liberalism a mental disorder? mad.gif

Right next to these two new stadiums is a critical transportation structure very similar to the Oakland structure that pancaked in the Bay Area earthquake in 1989 that is rated 22 on the same scale that the twin city MN bridge that fell was rated 50 on, and one of the cross Lake Washington bridges that is critical to commerce is rated 52 and will blow down on one of the next big storms.

Liberals here in this state are almost as bad as those in CA, and trying to copy the corruption in Chicago, (that we now have in Wash DC), and New Jersy. Our current dim wit governor who lied about our current massive budget problems prior to 11/4/2008 (and the Liberal fools believed her and reelected her), was voted in by dead voters the previous cycle as many dim wit pols are elected that way: See Al Franken another MN example of foolishness and voter fraud that dim wits ALWAYS perptrate.

If you like corruption and sleeze ya gotta luv dim wit Democrats from Teddy Oldsmobile to Allcee pay the judge Hastings to William money in the freezer Jefferson to Barney HO House Frank. Who can ever ferget BJ Clinton who made felony fer very personal reasons a clear qualification fer any future dim wit Democrat POTUS.

Republicans may stray as well, but they get crushed by voters once the hard Left press gets wind, where any dim wit Democrat can do what ever they like and get reelected.

there have been far too many Republicans along for ride of usurping individual and states rights...

Yasureyabetcha lets have 100% corrupt n' perverse dim wit Democrat central corntrol, (couldn't be much worse: eh?????) We collectively diserve the severe punnishment we are gonna get, (yer stock portfolio is showin' ya what to expect in the future).

We ellected the least qualified POTUS since Abe Lincoln, and we got real lucky with ol' Abe. This fruit fly who Oprah calls "the ONE" is payin' back favors ta knee breakin' Unions, and every other reward of bad behavior he can do, (dim wit Democrat Chicago thugs always act that way), and cuttin' back on the military.

FDR made a bad Depression a GREAT ONE the same way n' this fruit fly is followin' his lead, but we EVENTUALLY did pull out with military spending that the fruit fly is cutting.

As I said: the punnishment fer this collective foolishness will be very severe. Stay tuned fer a real big terrorist hit with all the green lights the messiah is givin' the Islamo Facists.

If ya think "the ONE" can spend his way outa a Deflationary Depression I have a floatin' bridge fer sale! Please cite one instance in recorded history where spending and borrowing saved ANY entity, (no matter how big), that got into trouble by overspending and overborrowing.

With each day, my concern about the long term viability of our economic system and the future of what we currently call the United States grows.

It should. We are in DEEP DO DO. Nasty Nancy wrote the porkulious bill, n' Barry laid down fer it. VERY VERY bad just look at the stock market fer a clue of how bad. mad.gifmad.gif

I feel like I'm watching a movie, or reading a book that I know comes to a bad ending.

Jeff B.

I hope not: Jeff, We are goin' through a bad chapter, we shall eventually flush the terlet. I hope the dim wit Democrat party blows up in 2010. The hard Left media is going bankrupt and that will help once the NY Time et al goes away.

Make sure ya have plenty of ammo n' canned goods. biggrin.gif JR

View PostThats my point

How can WE as a people build a body powerful enough to initiate some of these needed changes?

The corruption is just baffling!

If this was a company, owned by your average person (it kind of is, isn't it?) the workforce would have been fired long ago for dipping into the register, among other things.mad.gif

Canyon, That is the million dollar question. I think we begin by:

1) looking at private company models who are profitable AND display company integrity. We educate businesses on these models and give incentives to allow them to do business.

2) Immediately remove from office ANYONE who has broken the law, lied to the public, cheated on their taxes, etc. during their holding of that office.

3) Quit making faith in the public arena a liability...we do not need to promote faith, but it does not to be condemned on any level.

If we can restore a bit of trust in the govt. and the private sector, we may have a chance. Looks like that is out the window for a while.