Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jl_rotary

Susquehanna River Smallies

16 posts in this topic

Hit up the Susquehanna on the 18th and 19th for a few hours both mornings. Got my PB smallmouth at 19". Wednesday was a pretty slow morning but I found some decent size fish.

IMGP2504.jpg

IMGP2510.jpg

IMGP2517.jpg

Caught a few more fish on Thursday but they were abit smaller in size. Here are a few pics from Thursday. Rebel Crawfish seemed to be the lure of the day. Was a way to spend my 31st birthday on Wednesday with a personal best smallie smile.gif

IMGP2520.jpg

IMGP2521.jpg

IMGP2522.jpg

IMGP2524.jpg

IMGP2528.jpg

IMGP2525.jpg

View PostFished the Skuke for years and on my first trip to the Susky last month, beat my PB 2 times in 5 minutes.

Any big flatheads reported?

I haven't herd anything for awhile, then again the river's been iced up except for this area. Last one I herd of and still haven't confirmed it yet was a 60lber caught back in December. I've seen quite a few in this area along with some channel catties but most are all under 10lbs I believe.

Jl.......looks like you had a great time. Would you care to share any info on water temperature, clarity, depth, presentation, etc. ?.....not asking for specific location. Inquiring minds want to know. If not no biggie.