Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

NRA

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

I was a long time card carrying member of the National Rifle Association for many, many years but somehow my membership lapsed a few years back.

Today I called and reinstated my membership. I am far from a radical gun nut and still believe that to carry a handgun individuals should be licensed. However, I believe that we have reached a time in these United States where it is going to be crucial for gun owners to have a spokesman to try to keep the rights granted under the Second Amendment alive and well. Anyone who doesn't see the writing on the wall needs to get better eyeglasses.

Spig

I am a new gun owner. Joining the NRA is the first thing I did after the PD issued my permit. Well, the second thing...I went shopping first.wink.gif

argue.gif

I don't think most folks "get it" - gun ownership is a natural right, part of our private property rights but even more important because it allows us to defend ourselves from criminals and, in the most extreme cases, tyranny. Just look at how important it is that the Founding Father enumerated it as number two - before freedom of religion, freedom from self incrimination, freedom from illegal search and seizure, etc.

Go out an join the NRA...and use your SA right or you will lose it!

View Post

I guess I am blind, I don't see it happening at all.

Yes you are....

View PostI use to be be a member but I got tired of them constant calling and asking for money. However, I am considering rejoining considering the current climate.

If they trouble you, simply ask them to put you on their do-not-call list. Any organization will have the right to call you otherwise...And yes...I greatly appreciate that the day came I could afford to become a Life member...and I did, maybe 10 years ago. The are the last bastion of those who would fight against the onslaught of the 2nd amendment...

Life member here.

Yes the writing is on the wall. NOBAMA will try and alter the 2nd amendment some way. The Brady bill will be put back into place. And all the Libs think that by passing more stringent gun laws it will affect the gun crime rate. The only thing that accomplishes is it hinders the law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms and protect his family and property. It doesn't affect the criminals. Criminals get guns NO MATTER WHAT. That's why it's important to belong to grass roots organization like the NRA-ILA. We need to send a clear message to our Govt NOW! and that our 2nd Amendment rights cannot be compromised in any way.

They're planing a million gun owner/pro 2A walk this spring in D.C.. it can be found if you goggle it up. I suggest attending if at all possible. It will be a historical day.

Our fundamental Liberties are at stake here ,make no mistake.

watch the video below the USA is trying to following the UK on gun laws,scary times ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

object%3E

I let my membership lapse.Not due to phone calls,but literally,at least 3 days a week,I was getting letters in the mail,begging for money.Honestly,the postage they wasted,was more than I could afford to give.

I do see the urgent need to re-up,and now I have a woodstove,so junkmail is welcomed.I'm going back in.biggrin.gif

View PostLife member here.

Yes the writing is on the wall. NOBAMA will try and alter the 2nd amendment some way. The Brady bill will be put back into place. And all the Libs think that by passing more stringent gun laws it will affect the gun crime rate. The only thing that accomplishes is it hinders the law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms and protect his family and property. It doesn't affect the criminals. Criminals get guns NO MATTER WHAT. That's why it's important to belong to grass roots organization like the NRA-ILA. We need to send a clear message to our Govt NOW! and that our 2nd Amendment rights cannot be compromised in any way.

They're planing a million gun owner/pro 2A walk this spring in D.C.. it can be found if you goggle it up. I suggest attending if at all possible. It will be a historical day.

Our fundamental Liberties are at stake here ,make no mistake.

watch the video below the USA is trying to following the UK on gun laws,scary times ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

object%3E

I agree that its a Lib wet dream to ban all firearms but I dont think they will attempt to go too far. Guns are the third rail for Dems and they know what happened to them in 94. If they try it again they will get their asses handed to them in the next midterm election. Plenty of Dem hunters and shooters out there. I renewed as well.