Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waderman1

Cabela's stock up 2 bucks today CAB

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

CAB somewhat un-expected pop today will make it a target for the short sellers. I don't think it will last as much as I would love to see it continue this upward trend frown.gif

v.

Unexpected pop?

That is what happens when you beat estimated earnings by 10.3%

The street was expecting the predicted earnings of .671 a share and actual earnings came out to .74. That is .07 better than expected which is huge for a company with a market cap of $500m. They were trading at a p/e of 3 the day before. The bears have priced this thing dirt cheap betting that the new store at Xanadu will fail hard. That section of NJ is still real strong. They will be hurt by the tax forced on catalog/online sales in NJ after that store opens.

Last May they pushed the date back to "summer 2009". I doubt that those stores will all be filled by this summer. Summer 09 may be the time that the main construction is finished.

I visited Cabela's in Pa. on Saturday and the place was mobbed. I heard at least three people comment as they walked up to the entrance "what happened to the recession?". You have to hand it to the retailel because they know how to keep the customer coming in. They sent me a 20 % discount and I felt obliged to do my part to spend a few $$$.

View PostIf you are laid off you fish and hunt more.

Maybe for some but not true in my case - I got out LESS last fall - was too anxious about finding a new job, worried about finances, spending more time with the kids.

Anyway - I think I am closing in on a new job now - got a final interview next week. ( at least I think it is final) MAybe then I can spend a little in Cabela's , use the 20% off coupon and push the stock higher.

v.

View PostAny word on when the Xanadu store is opening?

I have not seen it in any of their advertisements or catalogs headscratch.gif. That whole place is a mess, not to mention an eye sore. Have you seen the outside yet?

But, you can ski indoors for $200 a day, or ride the worlds largest Ferris wheel. That was smart thinking in this economy!