Car Pool to Rockland Sprt Fshng Show

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

2009Rockland Community College Field House

Sport Fishing Super Show

Mar. 5-8, 2009

Suffern, NY

Fishing is my passion and my sanity.

However, I suffered -Sudden Cardiac Death - and ended up on disability.

Doctor tells me no driving so I am reaching out to see if I could car pool with a fellow fisherman up to the Rockland Show...

I will share all expenses...

That might be the last place I'd want to go with a bad ticker, why don't you save the ride and go hang out in a beach chair along the water, you'll save yourself and your money.

Honestly, I've got no health problems and you couldn't pay me to go to one of those shows, particularly the Suffern Show. I haven't been in over 10 years, I went about 20 years ago and must have forgot how bad it was so I wenrt back 10 years later. I'm sure its worse now than it was then, trust me, it was bad. By bad I mean traffic jams, parking issues, crowds like Tokyo at rush hour, most stuff for sale is stuff they can't sell as well as dozens of hunting and fishing camps, really, I can't see any value in those shows.

If you feel you must go and we all do feel that way at least one time, go ahead, after you've gone please be honest and post your perceptions. I hate to be negative, but these kind of overcrowded shows really cure me of the need to share time with my fellow man.

If you need surf fishing stuff, go to the local Fishing Flea Markets, Asbury or Berkeley are coming up quick and they are two of the best. Again, crowded, but not the numbers Suffern draws and at least you can buy useful stuff like plugs or used rods and reels. They will be jammed at opening but an hour or two afterwards, its feasible.

Other than presenters or folks that are representatives of companies, I'd like to know of any positive experience from the general buying public. Take a ride to Cabela's in Pennsy, at least its somewhat enjoyable.

I feel, that in recent years, the show has not been worth the effort it takes to get there. Lots of outfitter booths and lots of freshwater stuff, but the parking issues and thick crowds make it an unpleasant experience. If you have serious health issues, I'd stay away.

Valentine

Thanks for all your feedback - I think I will take your advise and avoid the show. . .I am not familiar with any local Fishing Flea Markets, Asbury or Berkeley for that matter.

If you guys could enlighten me as to where and when these local are going to take place - I would be very grateful. . .

Thanks guys

If you have to do the Suffern Show, do it on the weekdays. Way to crowded on the weekend. Crowded on the weekdays - stupid crowded on Sat & Sunday with all the issues Highlander1 already stated.

Was a good show years ago when you could see all the manufacturers newest stuff. Nowadays with the internet you know what these companies are doing when the paint on the prototypes is still wet.

Suffern never was a good show for buying, better for looking. For buying I think the RISAA show is far better (April 3-5 in Providence).

View PostThat might be the last place I'd want to go with a bad ticker, why don't you save the ride and go hang out in a beach chair along the water, you'll save yourself and your money.

Honestly, I've got no health problems and you couldn't pay me to go to one of those shows, particularly the Suffern Show. I haven't been in over 10 years, I went about 20 years ago and must have forgot how bad it was so I wenrt back 10 years later. I'm sure its worse now than it was then, trust me, it was bad. By bad I mean traffic jams, parking issues, crowds like Tokyo at rush hour, most stuff for sale is stuff they can't sell as well as dozens of hunting and fishing camps, really, I can't see any value in those shows.

If you feel you must go and we all do feel that way at least one time, go ahead, after you've gone please be honest and post your perceptions. I hate to be negative, but these kind of overcrowded shows really cure me of the need to share time with my fellow man.

If you need surf fishing stuff, go to the local Fishing Flea Markets, Asbury or Berkeley are coming up quick and they are two of the best. Again, crowded, but not the numbers Suffern draws and at least you can buy useful stuff like plugs or used rods and reels. They will be jammed at opening but an hour or two afterwards, its feasible.

Other than presenters or folks that are representatives of companies, I'd like to know of any positive experience from the general buying public. Take a ride to Cabela's in Pennsy, at least its somewhat enjoyable.

View PostUse to be a good show.

Lost it's appeal.

Chris

Thank you guys for your reviews! 20 years ago, it was one of the best in New England. I didn't drive all the way from RI for Notta. Times they changefrown.gif