Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TF3

When did you cut his balls off?

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

View PostDon't some livestock farmers just do it by putting a rubber band double over a few times at the base of the purse?headscratch.gif

I imagine some did...not that I knew any..but for years, many used the "Budezzo"...a clamping device with rubber constrictors that did the same thing, essentially...some devices also just "squished" the cords into, and they were left to rot off...as were the banded testicles....me, I just cut the sack, pulled out the testecles, and "rubbed" the cords until they separated, and threw the prairie oysters over to the dogs...

View PostWhy would you neuter him at all?

Never liked doing my own dog in, either, but after having one get run over, a mile away, I reconsidered with my latest, and he stays around the house, like he should... (he was a year old, at the time..)

Ahhhhhh... gotcha...

keep in mind, this city boy knows nothing of that kind of dutybiggrin.gif

My sister was initially an animal science major at VA Tech before switching to microbiology and a minor in biochem (I thinkredface.gif). She initially wanted to be a veterinarian until she realized that at barely five feet tall and 85lbs soaking wet, she was not the ideal candidate to make large livestock animals do her bidding before the examinationsbiggrin.gif

Much to her credit, however, part of their hands-on coursework was neutering some of the male livestock. A couple of the guys fainted or puked, but she did just finecwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

When I had my Dane neutered, they took his nuts but not the sack...It was less traumatizing for him and over time the body just absorbs it.

And now he's 13 1/2..beers.gif

View Postbiggrin.gif A guy called Scissorman responding to a castration thread. Pricelessclapping.gif

Better than WacktheHack....glad to have that pointed out...cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif :l augh:

View PostAccording to our vet, the costs goes up once the dog reaches the point to where they're in heat. Buy I must add, our dog is a female (and was just fixed this past thursday) - and I'm not sure if he was speaking to us in terms of female dogs or dogs in general..

This is interesting.....did the vet say the price is more when the dog is IN heat or the price goes up once they've had a heat? If the price is more while the dog is in heat that's somewhat understandable (it's a lot more risky to perform this operation when a female is in heat and I'm not sure why the vet wouldn't wait anyway). If it's the latter, you patronize an AR moron who wants to dictate to you when you should spay your dog.kooky.gif

View Post

Never liked doing my own dog in, either, but after having one get run over, a mile away, I reconsidered with my latest, and he stays around the house, like he should... (he was a year old, at the time..)

There's a cure for that....It's called a fence and a leash.... wink.gif

View PostThere's a cure for that....It's called a fence and a leash....

Then how would he round up my horse, or point the birds, or guard the premises......like I said, it's a done deal, a moot point...and he doesn't wander like he used to.

View Postbiggrin.gif A guy called Scissorman responding to a castration thread. Pricelessclapping.gif

Ironically, I would never go near my dog's or anyone elses nuts....biggrin.gif

View Post

Much to her credit, however, part of their hands-on coursework was neutering some of the male livestock. A couple of the guys fainted or puked, but she did just finecwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Not to take anything away from your sis, but all wimmen are born with that ability freak.gif