Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
king_rigr

Obx Pier?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Only ever fished Avalon and Nags Head. I will be down for 2 weeks in June and I might try OBX pier. I have seen your posts and will say hi if I run into you.

Stand Up anchor rods at OBX Pier?? Rod holders on the rails?

CJ

View PostOnly ever fished Avalon and Nags Head. I will be down for 2 weeks in June and I might try OBX pier. I have seen your posts and will say hi if I run into you.

Stand Up anchor rods at OBX Pier?? Rod holders on the rails?

CJ

Yes and yes.

Well my name's austin, i'm 16, and on the shorter side....so if you come out i'll most likely be there. I'll be happy to fish with ya! smile.gif

i think i might know someone who will be fishing there this year, not sure yet, i gota talk to him some more. he is on here, but im not gona name names just in case he wants to say it himself

View Posti think i might know someone who will be fishing there this year, not sure yet, i gota talk to him some more. he is on here, but im not gona name names just in case he wants to say it himself

Ahhhh come on cj...

.....spill the beans! biggrin.gif

beers.gif

It could be me.

KR, you say you're short, can you see over the rail without climbing?biggrin.gif

Pier man will be the kayak king this year, if he has a couple more sales, he can retire.

View PostIt could be me.

KR, you say you're short, can you see over the rail without climbing?biggrin.gif

Pier man will be the kayak king this year, if he has a couple more sales, he can retire.

I've seen some of his yaks. If I had the money I'd get one myself. tho not sure about his retirement plan tongue.gif

View PostIt could be me.

Hilarious.

-Shorter side meaning 5'7" wink.gif

View Postna my names Jimmy. i dont know what weeks ill be down there this summer yet but ill be there and keep yall posted.

Sounds goodsmile.gif

I'm making a trip down to southern Va the 3rd week of April and plan on spending at least a day or two in the Outer Banks. Does the pier of which you speak give up some good fish that time of year?

View PostI'm making a trip down to southern Va the 3rd week of April and plan on spending at least a day or two in the Outer Banks. Does the pier of which you speak give up some good fish that time of year?

Hmmmm, third week of april... In the past when i've been down during that time i find that there's blues pretty much all around...

...but cj, (cobia_slayer), can give you a more accurate answer to that question though, considering i only fish there during summer and fall and he lives down there. wink.gif

Chunk, water temp, water temp, is the big deal in April. If we get what used to happen in the '70's (low 60's degree) then big fish very well could swim by. If the temp is mid 50's then not so much. Oh, we need some bait in the water.

In the recent past, SW wind has blown drum into the south end of Ocracoke first.

The CONsent decree, like last year is still in effect. If we are lucky most of the "good" beach should be reachable. It can, and has changed overnight, or just a couple of hours.