Reel Schematic Index

Rate this topic

Wood

• 1 year later...

Hi does anybody have the schematic for a Shimano Spheros 4000FB?  My dad had me send it to Shimano because of a bail issue and it came back fixed (I think?).  He took it out on the yak back in May and very quickly after casting it a few times he tells me via a VHF marine radio that the reel is locked up solid.   I finally got to opening it up today and there's a sliding weight that goes up inside the rotor.   I can see where there's a slot formed inside the rotor for it and what looks like a post on the body for some type of built in anti-reverse stop/dog thingy.  I placed it in the slot and put the rotor back on, locked her down, then put the spool on top, then gave here a crank.   She rotated very smooth for about 20-30 sec and locked up again.  Anybody have some advice?   I'm going to copy and past this in a new thread.   Thanks in advance.   Fly 

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

8 minutes ago, flylikabird said:

Hi does anybody have the schematic for a Shimano Spheros 4000FB?  My dad had me send it to Shimano because of a bail issue and it came back fixed (I think?).  He took it out on the yak back in May and very quickly after casting it a few times he tells me via a VHF marine radio that the reel is locked up solid.   I finally got to opening it up today and there's a sliding weight that goes up inside the rotor.   I can see where there's a slot formed inside the rotor for it and what looks like a post on the body for some type of built in anti-reverse stop/dog thingy.  I placed it in the slot and put the rotor back on, locked her down, then put the spool on top, then gave here a crank.   She rotated very smooth for about 20-30 sec and locked up again.  Anybody have some advice?   I'm going to copy and past this in a new thread.   Thanks in advance.   Fly 

http://schematics.mikesreelrepair.com/albums/shimano/Shimano_Spheros_SP4000FB_Schematic.pdf

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

Thanks Scooby!   I just tried putting it all back together without the curve stop weight under the rotor and she spins flawlessly.   Now I gotta see if she can handle a fish/load.  

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

The part on the schematic that most resembles what I called the curved stop weight under the rotor is labeled as RD6719 FRICTION RING, but doesn't have holes on either side for the screws RD9029.   :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone no where i can find a schematic for a Shimano MLX 300?  This is s freshwater sized reel that I got as a gift from my Dad back in the 80s.  Back when Shimano was know more for bicycle parts.  It has been great over the years-  not tons of bells and whistles but worked well fro bass and light inshore trips. Lots of sentimental value not that Dad has passed.  i need to freshen up some loose bushings and possibly the bail spring.   I know paets may be tough to find but first I need to start with the schematic.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2017 at 10:26 AM, rathrbefishn said:

Does anyone no where i can find a schematic for a Shimano MLX 300?  This is s freshwater sized reel that I got as a gift from my Dad back in the 80s.  Back when Shimano was know more for bicycle parts.  It has been great over the years-  not tons of bells and whistles but worked well fro bass and light inshore trips. Lots of sentimental value not that Dad has passed.  i need to freshen up some loose bushings and possibly the bail spring.   I know paets may be tough to find but first I need to start with the schematic.

Thanks

hope this help.

SHIMANO MLX-300(1981).pdf

• 5 months later...

Anyone know where I can find a schematic for a Pflueger PSM20F Summit spinning reel? Also a phone number for a place that sell parts. I need a new handle.  Thanks in advance

Practice, practice and more practice, and when you think you're good practice some more." circa 2006, Cadman

• 3 months later...

I need a schematic for a D.A.M. Quick 331N...the anti-reverse switch located at bottom of rotating head, on end of this switch there is a clip with a small spring attached to...I need this clip....cannot find anywhere. Thought if had the schematic with the part # of this clip might could help me in locating this part.

• 4 months later...