Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stresst

Looking for a builder

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I hate to post this but my builder doesn't waste his time rewrapping "garbage" wink.gif LOL

I need a builder that's near my home. Im located in Middle Village queens. Close as possible. I have a few rods that need all the guides replaced. Not looking for a top notch/high priced builder. The rods just are not worth it redface.gif

I will give ya one rod to start and take it from there. Pm me your #

thanks -Angelo

View PostAngello

Give tunatoys a call as he also wrapps rods. He had quite a nice collection of rods he wrapped when i visited him.

Alex

Thanks I didn't know that. I spoke to him last week about my reels, he seems like a really nice guy!

After much reading, looking, window shopping I have finally decided that I want a custom 1 piece 10' Lami. Interested in the GSB 1201 1L or GSB 120 4M Blanks or Possibly an Arra or SuperSurf SSU 120 1M

Live: Brooklyn and Amagansett

Fish: NS/SS Montauk, Amagansett Beaches, NY Bight

Reel: Most likely a VS 250

Throw: 3/4z Bucks, poppers, darters, Danny's, plugs up to 4oz.

(don't throw bait)

Prefer lighter, looser action rods for a better fight. Not trying to haul fish onto rocks.. Also like something easy to throw w/ little effort as if in 1 foot position i.e. top of a rock wink.gif

Where is the best shop to go? Does someone in this forum want to take on making me a rod?

Any help or info is greatly appreciated. I have the fishing bug so bad right now, that getting my gear up to snuff is all I think about plus I got bday $ and tax refund $ that is just waiting to buy me a new setup.

Again, any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

View PostAfter much reading, looking, window shopping I have finally decided that I want a custom 1 piece 10' Lami. Interested in the GSB 1201 1L or GSB 120 4M Blanks or Possibly an Arra or SuperSurf SSU 120 1M

Live: Brooklyn and Amagansett

Fish: NS/SS Montauk, Amagansett Beaches, NY Bight

Reel: Most likely a VS 250

Throw: 3/4z Bucks, poppers, darters, Danny's, plugs up to 4oz.

(don't throw bait)

Prefer lighter, looser action rods for a better fight. Not trying to haul fish onto rocks.. Also like something easy to throw w/ little effort as if in 1 foot position i.e. top of a rock wink.gif

Where is the best shop to go? Does someone in this forum want to take on making me a rod?

Any help or info is greatly appreciated. I have the fishing bug so bad right now, that getting my gear up to snuff is all I think about plus I got bday $ and tax refund $ that is just waiting to buy me a new setup.

Again, any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Brooklyn.. RodWinder one of teh best...

TheAmagansettCaster

the gsb1201l wont throw 4oz. i fish mtk alot standing on a rock and wouldnt really use a 4 pc for that i woul ddefinitely stck with a one pc. i havent fished the 10' ron arra but have made and fished the ssu1201m, gsb1201l and other ssu and gsb's. for what you are looking for i would check out the ssu1201m. vbmenu_register("postmenu_5811958", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_5811958", true);