View Post254557.1

http://www.newsmax.com/us/Nearly_5_M...19/183377.html

Nearly 5 Million Are Getting Unemployment Benefits

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/i...18/183149.html

More Than 6 Million Illegals Hold Jobs

Anything wrong with this picture?

Bighead

yes.

you should be comparing welfare roles to illegals, not the unemployed.

Americans (or anyone else) will do any job - for the right price. Some employers are scamming the system by bringing in illegals who, naturally will work for less, in order to reduce their labor costs.

Yes, the end cost to the consumer will be higher than today's cost for those items or services for which illegals are today being used.

View Post254557.1

http://www.newsmax.com/us/Nearly_5_M...19/183377.html

Nearly 5 Million Are Getting Unemployment Benefits

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/i...18/183149.html

More Than 6 Million Illegals Hold Jobs

Anything wrong with this picture?

Bighead

Unfortunately (or fortunately) i dont want to live in a 1 bedroom apt with up to 20 people and work for peanuts with no ins. kooky.gif

Most americans didnt just arrive here from their native land where $200 was a decent salary for a week of hard work. Employers of illegals have no worries when one gets hurt, they just bring in another warm body and send the other one packing with no responsibility due to the fact its not on the books....no cares for job safety.cwm31.gif

View PostUnfortunately (or fortunately) i dont want to live in a 1 bedroom apt with up to 20 people and work for peanuts with no ins. kooky.gif

Most americans didnt just arrive here from their native land where $200 was a decent salary for a week of hard work. Employers of illegals have no worries when one gets hurt, they just bring in another warm body and send the other one packing with no responsibility due to the fact its not on the books....no cares for job safety.cwm31.gif

Ummm these illegal's get free insurance because their children are legal citizens because they had them here, intern the parent's become legal and they get welfare and health plus and they make money off the books and they make out better than most of the americans who have a good paying job, because we pay tax's and it goes to them...

View PostAmericans (or anyone else) will do any job - for the right price. Some employers are scamming the system by bringing in illegals who, naturally will work for less, in order to reduce their labor costs.

Yes, the end cost to the consumer will be higher than today's cost for those items or services for which illegals are today being used.

I think this is mostly landscaping, independent roofing contractors, janitor companies and things of that nature that require no skills or education at all, but do require diligent work for low pay. And those are, unfortunately, jobs Americans don't want.

I don't think the illegal immigration problem is the cause of any of our job market ills but I do think we should have done and should do in the future a much, much, much better job of keeping illegals from entering and shipping them back when they're found.

View PostI think this is mostly landscaping,........... and things of that nature that require no skills or education at all, but do require diligent work for low pay. And those are, unfortunately, jobs Americans don't want.

As a horticulturist, i take exception to your claim that landscaping requires no skill

it is in fact, a highly technical field, with a number of good college programs available for those who wish to pursue it.

there are absolutely a lot of hacks out there- see my pruning rant ben lippen put in the archive

and maybe i am mentally defective- but when i started in the nursery business (after attending forestry school)- i sort of liked the idea of working like an animal for long hours and low pay with a crew of migrant workers- they showed me how to take joy from the simplest of things instead of angsting about everything

that lesson has stuck with me, and i am the better for it

as far as roofing- you couldn't pay me enough to do it- whatever money i earned would pay for anti-anxiety medication and adult undergarments!

View PostI think this is mostly landscaping, independent roofing contractors, janitor companies and things of that nature that require no skills or education at all, but do require diligent work for low pay. And those are, unfortunately, jobs Americans don't want.

Commercial draggers, you'd be hard pressed to find someone white other than the skipper these days on em.

Fish houses, same thing.

Piece work companies (assembly line) all illegals.

Hell, the company that was busted in New Bedford was making backpacks for the us military, not sure I'd trust their stitching...

Grounds keepers (esp. California) in gated communities.

Warehouse work.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?