Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JerryC

Enthusiast Tackle..

27 posts in this topic

Jerry, thanks to you and a few sites I have the bug to get some Shimano Japan products. I have 2 Core reels now but would like to get a Metanium MG and maybe even an Aldebaran. Also been eyeing the ZPI carbon handles for the Cores. Nothing hard core enthusiast but I am becoming more and more of a tackle ho as time goes by...

I'm customizing one of my loomis rods and was thinking about the fireblood for that, would look sweet and weigh less too.

View PostJerry, thanks to you and a few sites I have the bug to get some Shimano Japan products. I have 2 Core reels now but would like to get a Metanium MG and maybe even an Aldebaran. Also been eyeing the ZPI carbon handles for the Cores. Nothing hard core enthusiast but I am becoming more and more of a tackle ho as time goes by...

I'm customizing one of my loomis rods and was thinking about the fireblood for that, would look sweet and weigh less too.

HA! Nice!!! I still havent played with the Core yet.

Anyhow i read up on the Aldebaran on TT.com and read nothing but great reviews about that reel.. Im looking at the Ryoga right now since the US Pluton version doesnt come in lefty. 3 of the 5 baitcasters that i use (i gave the one i use least to a buddy of mine) i have put Bassart handles on them. Very easy to install FYI! If you do go that route let me know if you need any help. And as for the fireblood.. DO IT! The best spinning reel i own, light and buttery feel to it! There SOOOO many nice reels and rods ive been eyeing up myself, but with the unreal pricetags I have to wait till the summer.. Im still waiting for my 2 reels to be finished getting custom painted and im also waiting for my custom built rod from Otterods... boy i hate the winter!

View PostIm curious to see who else has some cool enthusiast tackle like me..

What do ya got!?

Jerry,

I just dug out a 1985 ABU Mag 1 baitcaster. I got it spooled up at lunch time. I'm going to put it on a 1985 BPS pistol grip baitcaster. I'm pretty enthusiast about using it, LOL. Do you think I should put it on the same rack as my Carado/St. Croix set upbiggrin.gif

View PostJerry,

I just dug out a 1985 ABU Mag 1 baitcaster. I got it spooled up at lunch time. I'm going to put it on a 1985 BPS pistol grip baitcaster. I'm pretty enthusiast about using it, LOL. Do you think I should put it on the same rack as my Carado/St. Croix set upbiggrin.gif

If it can catch fish, then it is worth it!

I mean, it wont look as pretty but who cares lol.. have it cleaned and repainted and bam you got yourself a new reel lol

View PostIf it can catch fish, then it is worth it!

I mean, it wont look as pretty but who cares lol.. have it cleaned and repainted and bam you got yourself a new reel lol

Its funny, last year I pulled it out, took it the lake to see how it worked. I put on a small topwater spinner bait that never caught a fish. I casted it out lightly, only about 20 yards and, BAM, hooked a small largemouth. Thats what made me decide to fish it this year. It also doesn't look bad at all, it actually has a low profile...I must be years ahead of my timebiggrin.gif If I dug deep enough I could probably find stuff older than you wink.gif

View PostIts funny, last year I pulled it out, took it the lake to see how it worked. I put on a small topwater spinner bait that never caught a fish. I casted it out lightly, only about 20 yards and, BAM, hooked a small largemouth. Thats what made me decide to fish it this year. It also doesn't look bad at all, it actually has a low profile...I must be years ahead of my timebiggrin.gif If I dug deep enough I could probably find stuff older than you wink.gif

LMAOOOO!!

Old faithful is what i call that! My buddy still uses a BPS rod and reel for his C-rigs.. the thing is older than moses! Thankfully the reel bit the dust end of last season. It was horrific to even look at! lol.. and im hoping to "ACCIDENTALY" step on his rod and break a guide lol

Not sure if it counts as "enthusiast" tackle or not, but here's pic of my Daiwa sol with rubber coated cork handle knob...

I spend a lot of time cruising the JDM tackle websites, and drooling over stuff. If I wasn't tight with my money I could drop big $$$ quick!

Jerry it looks like you have some awesome gear... Your Fireblood especially, that's a sick reel!

View PostNot sure if it counts as "enthusiast" tackle or not, but here's pic of my Daiwa sol with rubber coated cork handle knob...

Attachment 217171

I spend a lot of time cruising the JDM tackle websites, and drooling over stuff. If I wasn't tight with my money I could drop big $$$ quick!

Jerry it looks like you have some awesome gear... Your Fireblood especially, that's a sick reel!

That deffinatly works!!! nice rainbow!!!

View PostLove bonus time... Unfortunately - after all the fishing stuff i got, no more cash!! kooky.gif

I hear ya man, I been spending money on fish'n gear like i'm a BASS Pro. I'm NOT!! cwm27.gif

The bait monkey is about take over again though!