Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hatrasfevr

REG-NEG February 26-27. This is it folks!

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Reg-NEG February 26-27. This is it folks!

NCBBA.........representing ACCESS to your Cape Hatteras National Seashore Recreational Area...........asks that all who can, to attend the meetings on the 26-27. This is the meeting where the final recommendations will be presented to the committee and to all in attendance. Meetings begin at 8am each day and has time reserved for public comment at noon and 5pm each day.......BE HEARD!

Please make this a standing room only meeting!

John, not to be picky about words, but what do you mean final decision?

All consensus reached items will be included in NPS final rule.

NPS says they will consider who blocked consensus & why and try to strike a balance in their final rule.

CONsent decree says plan has to be written, pass NEPA & ESA in 2010 and published in Federal Register by 4/1/2011

Final ORV Management Plan and Special Regulation :

Federal Defendants shall complete an ORV Management Plan for the

Seashore by December 31, 2010, and will complete and promulgate

the final Special Regulation by April 1, 2011.

Until all that happens we will be under the CONsent decree, unless Judge Boyle decides to change something at the hearing March 3 2PM in Raleigh.

View PostJohn, not to be picky about words, but what do you mean final decision?

All consensus reached items will be included in NPS final rule.

NPS says they will consider who blocked consensus & why and try to strike a balance in their final rule.

CONsent decree says plan has to be written, pass NEPA & ESA in 2010 and published in Federal Register by 4/1/2011

Final ORV Management Plan and Special Regulation :

Federal Defendants shall complete an ORV Management Plan for the

Seashore by December 31, 2010, and will complete and promulgate

the final Special Regulation by April 1, 2011.

Until all that happens we will be under the CONsent decree, unless Judge Boyle decides to change something at the hearing March 3 2PM in Raleigh.

I gotcha Jim. I guess my question is this, when will we know what the status of the beaches are for this season? If I understand this correctly this consent then govern us through 2011 when the final plan is put in? there will be no further discussion, meaning we wont have to do this again next winter.......

View PostI gotcha Jim. I guess my question is this, when will we know what the status of the beaches are for this season? If I understand this correctly this consent then govern us through 2011 when the final plan is put in? there will be no further discussion, meaning we wont have to do this again next winter.......

Most likely a repeat of 2008, I'm sorry to say.

In Reg Neg (sub-committee), Audubon said they wern't stuck on the huge closure distances. So (my guess) is the final plan will be back to reasonable distances, and not stick to CONsent decree crap.

View PostMost likely a repeat of 2008, I'm sorry to say.

In Reg Neg (sub-committee), Audubon said they wern't stuck on the huge closure distances. So (my guess) is the final plan will be back to reasonable distances, and not stick to CONsent decree crap.

Jim,in those subcommittees,what was said about villages after sept oct??