Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoliFish

Wet suit,dry top combo

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

(I didn't want to hijack Kerry83's thread)

How many guys/gals use this combo. I'm looking into fishing some new areas this season (deep water, rocky), and it has been rcemmended that I go with a wet suit. I have a farmer john style suit which will come in handy in the middle of the summer. I was thinking of going with a dry top for the early Spring and Fall seasons. Pros/cons from those experienced in this situation.

View Post(I didn't want to hijack Kerry83's thread)

How many guys/gals use this combo. I'm looking into fishing some new areas this season (deep water, rocky), and it has been rcemmended that I go with a wet suit. I have a farmer john style suit which will come in handy in the middle of the summer. I was thinking of going with a dry top for the early Spring and Fall seasons. Pros/cons from those experienced in this situation.

I prefer using a neoprene top. The neoprene takes the layer of water between your body and wetsuit and warms it up. Youd be better off without the drytop.

Nick

Wet suit bottom and a dry top may work. Why not wear the full suit and wear a Kayaking jacket on top to reduce the wind chill factor. You can still swim ok in this set up. You maintain your boyancy this way.

Mike