Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bill22

most uses for a 710 z reel?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

what do most guys use there 710 for ? just plugging or do guys throw some bait with it? i may be able to get 1 or 2 from a uncle. (this guy has everything of old) so wondering if i should maybe pick them up. i know generally of its use but trying to see the best use for it

I own 5 of them and love them. They serve as my every day usage reel for CT shore and river fishing March - December. I own two baitrunners when I feel like throwing chunks or sandworms. I have only used them for throwing anything from small plastics to 3oz plugs. I plan on getting into using live and rigged eels this season and wouldn't anticipate any isuses with using them for that. When it comes to bait, I would go w a baitrunner if you have one; althoug I can't see these reels not working for that use if you want to. I would take your uncle up on the offer.

I use for lighter stuff like slug-gos on 8ft rod. Very durable and dependable ...especially when you convert to bailess. bail springs are only thing that wears out on them. i've caught fish to 44lbs on the 710 and i believe the standing world record of 78lbs was caught with one so you can fish with confidence. They like fireline also.

I love my Penn 711's. Both are manual pick ups (Garcia Mitchell) with 705 handles and added more lead inside to counter the pulse. Both loaded with 20lb fireline. I have them on a rotation with my Arra 1084 2pc when plugging.

breaks212wink.gif