Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfcasterzx2

Why do YOU love fishing?

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Where do i start.... Fishing is a place I can go when the woman acts up or my boss is about to get his ass kicked Then when i get back everything is better. If god had a choice of naked models or a blitz with 50's where do you think he's gonna go? Fishing is very good for mind and soul,mentally resetting bad thoughts and saving a man's sanity from such an unforgiving world.

When i get up in the morning for work unfortunately i'm thinking what's going on at the beach debating whether I should take the day off when all the criteria is perfect that day for catching fish. Nothing beats walking down to your favorite jetty thinking that today's the day that i pull a monster out of the surf when the whole summer has been shorts or small keepers and occasionally a 15 pounder here and there.

This is the drive that keeps me fishing,it's the adrenaline rush when that bass crushes that plug you throw him when he explodes out of the water. Now the fight is on you and him,man vs beast, he starts peeling line from your fine tuned killing machine,spool is screaming rod is bending to it's limit then you pull back, tiring him out and now he's giving line back so he can recharge and kick your ass once again, so you think you got him pulling and cranking then all of a sudden with everything the bass got he takes off again fight to the death,finally he gives up,both man and fish are spent,man standing to tired to hold fish that just kicked his ass struggles down the beach with a well deserved trophy and a hell of a story to tell......This is what fishing means to me....How bout you...Tight lines beachwarrior....

Fishing?

I come here for the cooking forum. smile.gif

To me, it's the unknown. Cast a line, catch something. Big...small...doesn't matter. And there is the social aspect of fishing with buddies...one swings and misses and gets his balls busted. icon14.gif

Its quiet, calming and solitary. Theres only you, the mystery of underwater life, and a good fishing buddy or two. Beers and smokes are always welcome. But you don't need anything but some equipment and some time. biggrin.gif

Oh yea, and the RUSH of getting a bite, setting the hook and fightin that baby in isn't so bad either!

To climb over rocks for an hour at night, stand in the rain, cold, wet, little or no sleep.

I love it. What could be better?headscratch.gif

If there's any doubt, look at Z's photos.

I like the peace and quiet (I don't consider the sound of the surf to be noise). I like the challenge. I like watching the sunrise / sunset while standing chest deep in the surf. I also like catching and releasing the occasional fish. wink.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words......http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=609592