Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belmo

WTB - Lift Chair

7 posts in this topic

My father had hip replacement surgery, and as a consequence the old geezer needs what's called a "lift chair." This is a Barcalounger-type contraption that has a motor that can raise the chair, so that the old coot sitting in it can get to a standing position without having to exert himself.

New, the things cost about $1,000. There are used ones around (in the usual online places) for about half that. I don't think that finding one is going to be too hard, but if there's a member out there who has one and doesn't need it, I'd rather give the money to an SOLer than some stranger. I can also throw in some plugs. biggrin.gif

This thread will probably sink like a stone, but if there's anyone out there looking to sell a lift chair, let me know. Thanks.

I just Pm'd you with a question, but another idea is too call some of the senior centers, including churches and see if they have one you could borrow for awhile.

E

My father got one some years ago for free through his insurance.Check with the store that sells them and they should be able to tell you if your insurance will cover it.

View PostMy father got one some years ago for free through his insurance.Check with the store that sells them and they should be able to tell you if your insurance will cover it.

same thing i was going to write.

insurance or medicaire should cover it if Doc writes a script for it.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. For whatever reason, his insurance company won't pay for it.

But this came to a good end: one of his geezer buddies has one he doesn't use anymore (you can't beat free). I'm picking it up Saturday.

good luck to the old man...be on him about therapy..my BIL had his replced (early 40's cwm31.gif ) and didnt follow through with the therapy..ended up messing up his other hip and the replaced one doesnt have the rangeof motion it would have otherwise...

how can you man up enough to have the hip replaced but then not follow up with the therapy headscratch.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0