Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfisher76

704Z - Click on Retrieve?

10 posts in this topic

Picked up a 704z from a friend.

I like the way it performs but can't stand the clicking on the retrieve. As far as I can tell the only way to stop the clicking is to disengage the anti-reverse.

Is it possible to modify so as to permanently stop the clicking while still keeping the anti-revere functional?

Thanks guys

No ... the clicking is the dog falling in the cog for anti reverse.. taking it a part and blue greasing the heck out it might quiet it a little .. but be careful little spring on that dog ..

I use blue marine grease. Once I put so much in, the clicker stopped. I liked the clicker, so I cleaned it out and packed it with a little less. So, overpack it and the clicker will stop!

View PostI packem with Vaseline, been doing it for years biggrin.gif .>>>>>>>>Martin

But don't leave it hanging on a rod on a summer day inside a hot truck

Vaseline melts and the 704/706 isn't tight enough to hold the juice inside

Don't ask me how I know

Pack it with grease, I like Corrosion Block

i use vaseline also, can see a problem with being in the hot truck but do not live close enough to the water to store in the truck. if it gets hot enough to break down the vaseline you might wanna be careful if it is a 2 piece rod. the ferrel cement could break down over time, i have seen this happen with ferrels and tips.

View PostYou can't hear it in the surf anyway.....

Ditto. Unless you're fishing in a lake, you're not going to hear the clicker much. It's never bothered me and I don't do anything special to "silence" it.