Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
copycat

Kayaking the Congo

20 posts in this topic

There is a show that has been on National Geo channel (Explorer) lately that a group of Kayakers paddled to veiw the depths of the river. It is the deepest river in the world at over 700 feet in areas but no wider the Delaware, anyone else see it? Very cool episode!

smile.gif

Copycat, that is a commercial link, I understand your wanting to make sure everyone has a chance to see it, but it is against the rules here. Thanks for understanding, MM

View PostI would never go canoeing or kayaking where there were crocodiles. cwm31.gif

Hmmmm, good point.

I've gotten close to some big alligators in Louisiana...but they're pretty much either afraid, or looking to get fed...Crocs though...my understanding is they're pretty much born PO'ed.

Bighead

View Postsmile.gif

Copycat, that is a commercial link, I understand your wanting to make sure everyone has a chance to see it, but it is against the rules here. Thanks for understanding, MM

opps, sorry redface.gif

View PostHmmmm, good point.

I've gotten close to some big alligators in Louisiana...but they're pretty much either afraid, or looking to get fed...Crocs though...my understanding is they're pretty much born PO'ed.

Bighead

It was`nt that long ago that a famous heart doctor from the US who had had moved to Africa to get some aids clinics going was on a canoe tour of the Congo (in large dugouts) when a huge crocodile took him right out of the boat. Sad story...

View PostI would never go canoeing or kayaking where there were crocodiles. cwm31.gif

Ive seen far too many clips on National Geo of jumbo crocs lunging out from watering holes and pulling down a wilderbeast to ever think even once of trying to yak such waters.

Last summer, a guy from Kenya sees my surf rod on my car's roof and we get into a conversation about fishing. He says he loves to fish back home and does it mostly from a small boat. I say what about crocodiles? He says not so bad, it's the rhinos you have to worry about!

View PostLast summer, a guy from Kenya sees my surf rod on my car's roof and we get into a conversation about fishing. He says he loves to fish back home and does it mostly from a small boat. I say what about crocodiles? He says not so bad, it's the rhinos you have to worry about!

I think the guy mean't Hippos.