Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LISurfcaster

2009 Forester???

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

Considering buynig the 2009 Suburu Forester...looks like a nice vehicle.

Wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the vehicle. The ground clearance looks decent as well (~8.9). Do I dare tackle the beach with the Forester?

Comments appreciated.

RS

Forester with 180K miles on it and I really love the car - handles well good in crappy weather and all of that.

It's been an absolute workhorse for me - but I have never thought about bringing it on the beach

I've had two, one for my wife and one for my daughter. They're not bad for "girl's cars" (Mine's an '05 Ram Hemi Quad 4wd Lariat) Just kidding, they're great!; within their limits. My daughter's got stolen a few years back and she's been driving the other one since. Finished high school and college and still going strong! My wife is probably going to get another one in the spring (after the last payment on the Ram). I'm trying to convince her to get the turbo, but she's frugal (yeah, I know I'm lucky). The turbo gets almost the same fuel economy and can tow alot more with a factory tow kit. (It'll tow my skiff!). Also the new ones have alot more leg room!

I have the 2009 and like it a lot. Great changes from the old models. Decided against the outback after I sat in it. The clearance is nice. Sitting in it, you feel much higher up than you really are.

I am on my third one...took my first one on the beach ONCE...a 4WD vehicle is best for beach going...would I buy a fourth? YES!wink.gif

id take it on the sand, hell yeah, ive had almost every model of subaru on the sand, sometimes theres a clearence problem, shouldnt have it with an 09 forest though, the 09s the best forester to date, almost no body flex, he new traction control they put in the 09s is incredible, more room then older one, better visibility out of rear window, and queiter then any of the previous, yes im slightly bias, but i also no the cars better then most people here, untill i got laid off i turned renches on them every day for the last 5+

years.

Definitely get one. You won't be sorry. I too have quite a bit of experience with Subaru. Been a Service Manager with Subaru since 1977. 100% of my customers that have bought a 2009 Forester love them.

Ahhh, what the hey - I'll show off my WRX again.

tongue.gif

WRXsand.jpg

Granted-this wasn't at IBSP or other soft/deep sand beach, but I didn't even think twice about driving right on...

Fosterters are capable...but like ANY other vehicle, they have their limits.

wink.gif