Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim DE

Got a New DE "2008" Trout Stamp today in the mail

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

with a letter stating here is your expired 2008 trout stamp because the 2008 stamp was copied on your license......

Very odd to get last years stamp this year and this years stamp is also a printed copy of a stamp.

Anyone know why this is happening? I like having the stamp so I am not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper for the state to just let their license agents have current stamps to sell and avoid the mailing and paperwork involved in sending stamps out to each owner a year later?

Anybody else get one?

Yeah Jim, I got mine last week. I figure so many people are purchasing their licenses on-line anymore it's a way to get around fraudulent copying of the stamps...

I went to Dick's today to get the "old fashioned card" but needed "old fashioned cash" to purchase the license. Didn't have it on me so I guess I'll do the internet purchase again...

I use Eastern Marine who is a license agent but I only get a paper copy license and paper copy stamp. I figured the old card stock licenses were gone.

I prefer the card stock licenses of the past ....they hold up better to the weather and fit nicely into license holders. If the card stock licenses are still available at Dick's I'll go there in 2010.

Jim, I bought mine at Dick's Sporting Goods on Rt. 202, 2 weeks ago and it was the new version and not the old card stock type. I also bought a trout stamp and plan on going to the white clay creek around Newark DE. I like the older card version of the fishing licence better.

Charlie N.

Charlie, don't wait till April for the WCC .... Their are active holdover's still eager to be hooked by those who seek them smile.gif I have been rehabing my thumb replacement on the creek.

View PostCharlie, don't wait till April for the WCC .... Their are active holdover's still eager to be hooked by those who seek them smile.gif I have been rehabing my thumb replacement on the creek.

What stretches of WCC do they stock? I am in MD, but I typically buy a PA and DE license.

They fall stock a lot of the WCC in Pa and DE all the way to just north of the city of Newark. You just have to walk a bit more to find where they are holding. The exercise and lack of pressure is what makes the fishing this time of year. To look around while fishing you could be in a very remote location. I have fished for weeks without seeing another fisherman ... You do see some hikers.

I really enjoy winter fly fishing the WCC both in PA and DE.

This happened since you purchased last years stamp online and printed it directly to your license. They send them out after they expire, so that you'll have one for collecting, and to keep you from having two valid stamps and possibly giving or selling one to someone else...... They do the same with waterfowl stamps.

View PostThis happened since you purchased last years stamp online and printed it directly to your license. They send them out after they expire, so that you'll have one for collecting, and to keep you from having two valid stamps and possibly giving or selling one to someone else...... They do the same with waterfowl stamps.

They mention it on the opening page of the on line order.

"Purchase and print your duck stamp and trout stamp online or print the stamp on your license at the time you purchase your hunting and fishing license. The original stamps will be mailed to your address after the trout season or waterfowl seasons have closed. "