Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billybob

Will Billybob fix his laptop?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

So, my screen went dark, took it to a place in town.

"Oh yeah, the screens go on these all the time, it's $200 for the part, it'll be less than $300 for the whole deal, have it in a week"

A month later, I call.

"Well, we put in a new screen, but that's not it, needs another part, but it's on backorder, your screen was scratched anyway, so we left the new one in, about another $100, be ready in a week"

Why didn't you call?

"What, nobody called?"

Another month goes by, I go in there.

"Well, we sent it back to Toshiba, but they wanted so much to fix it that we figured we would just sell you a used one, for what you were going to pay to fix this one"

"Do you want the used one?"

Why didn't anyone call?

"What, nobody called?"

Give me my effin laptop, you said a effin week and it's been 2 effin months,

effin,effin,effin...............

So, I did a little research and ordered an inverter board for $22, I just got it.

Do you think I'll fix it?

View PostSo, my screen went dark, took it to a place in town.

"Oh yeah, the screens go on these all the time, it's $200 for the part, it'll be less than $300 for the whole deal, have it in a week"

A month later, I call.

"Well, we put in a new screen, but that's not it, needs another part, but it's on backorder, your screen was scratched anyway, so we left the new one in, about another $100, be ready in a week"

Why didn't you call?

"What, nobody called?"

Another month goes by, I go in there.

"Well, we sent it back to Toshiba, but they wanted so much to fix it that we figured we would just sell you a used one, for what you were going to pay to fix this one"

"Do you want the used one?"

Why didn't anyone call?

"What, nobody called?"

Give me my effin laptop, you said a effin week and it's been 2 effin months,

effin,effin,effin...............

So, I did a little research and ordered an inverter board for $22, I just got it.

Do you think I'll fix it?

well, it's not an internal combustion engine cwm13.gif

Billybob can fix everything. Some he fixes so they don't work, some so they do. biggrin.gif

Use an air chisel to open the case. make sure to keep it plugged in & turned on, warm things come apart easier. As a backup, check the air bottle on the plasma cutter is at least half full.smile.gif

View PostWhat part did they have to order?

They didn't say, but then they said they sent it back to Toshiba.headscratch.gif

I don't think this place knows what the hell they're doing.

I fish with this guy, who told me one of his employees took a puter there to be fixed and they said he needed a new hard drive, so they put one in.He got a call from a lady who took a puter in there for repair and she apparently got his old drive with all his personal info on it. cwm31.gif

View PostThey didn't say, but then they said they sent it back to Toshiba.headscratch.gif

I don't think this place knows what the hell they're doing.

I fish with this guy, who told me one of his employees took a puter there to be fixed and they said he needed a new hard drive, so they put one in.He got a call from a lady who took a puter in there for repair and she apparently got his old drive with all his personal info on it. cwm31.gif

cwm27.gificon14.gif, chop shop