Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ctd450

8'6" ugly stick lite

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

CAS11862H - 8'6" 12-30 lb, no lure rating since it's an Ugly Stick.

Would this be a good rod for throwing lighter lures like Bombers, small topwaters, soft plastics, spinners and bucktails? I've got a heavier 9' surf spinning rod for throwing bait and heavier stuff like bait with weight and AVA's but I want something for the lighter stuff that's conventional. I'll mostly be fishing from SH to IBSP and also hackensack/passaic rivers since I'm in that neighborhood. I've got a freshly rebuilt Abu5500C3 with 40 lb Powerpro that I would like to put on this rod.

i don't see why not. all ugly stick lrue ratings are underated by a lot. may not be the best for topwaters, but for small palstic swimmers it seems perfect imo(u want something a a soft tip).

View Posti don't see why not. all ugly stick lrue ratings are underated by a lot. may not be the best for topwaters, but for small palstic swimmers it seems perfect imo(u want something a a soft tip).

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

BIG thumbs-up for the Ugly Stick. VERY underrated...

You may want to consider the Ugly Stik Tiger, 7 ft. 9 in. light action but nice solid backbone, do not confuse with Ugly Stike Lite, one piece about $60, if you break it on a fish they will replace it. I bought one this winter did not fish it yet, one of the reels I will try is my 5500CT. This rod seems really nice to me.

View PostWhat's the part # on the Tiger?

Sorry to be slow... the rod I like is

BWC22007'9"1Light10-301/2 to 2 $55.99 *

Available at many places, 1/2 to 2 oz lures, but caution for some reason I do not understand Shakespeare has another rod with exactly the same number but it has a different butt, a different action and a different length. Go figure!