Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

monomoy cape flats

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Maybe ok for migraters mid May through mid June. Unless/until there is a break along south beach or south monomoy that flat system won't have the summer residents it used to.frown.gif

View PostYup all done, don't come to the cape, stay away.

wow thanks for saving me the trip kooky.gif

no worries i know plenty of other fishy areas around the cape, i was just asking how the flats around monomoy were. i'm sure if it was good it wouldn't help the local economy one bit huh?

View Postwow thanks for saving me the trip kooky.gif

no worries i know plenty of other fishy areas around the cape, i was just asking how the flats around monomoy were. i'm sure if it was good it wouldn't help the local economy one bit huh?

Don't believe the degree of help it may provide for the local economy offsets the typical flats angler's desire for more privacy.

don't listen to idiotic asinine juvenile replies like that.

I have fished the flats last to early Junes. First time trips out for me. Fishing last June was dire. Local experts can still find fish it seems but not in great numbers like a few years ago. Great place for beauty but the fishing is very hard to say the least. Balance this with fact I was a newbie.

Mike

I visited Chatham in summer of 2007 and one FF told there was huge change in how tidal flows has changed during the years because of storms I guess. Do you know web site of aerial or satellite pictures of those changes?

thats pretty much what i figured, last time i was there boats were able the make the cut in between south beach and monomoy. oh well lets all hope a nice storm rips that bad boy open once again so there is some flow

Ask in 6 months.

Nobody knows what the fishing will be like there this year.

Could be great could be terrible.

If I wasn't from the area would I think about booking now? No effing way.