Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skate Bait

Kindle, anyone?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Too much $$$$$

Like most new items of technology, I'll wait for the price to drop or buy one used. Only look at me fools run out and buy this stuff as it is released (think iPhone here)

I'm a hard copy guy. Even if I got one, I'd still have books, newspapers and magazines. Think LP's as opposed to CD's and MP3's. Real stuff, not ones and zeros.

Sure would take up a lot less space than my books. I give all my books away as I have no room to store them. This thing holds 1500 titles...

I'll get one but not until the mad rush to buy them subsides and prices drop considerably.

Too bad it doesn't have unlimited internet access....

It's great for techie folks who have lots of reference books. That said, I still prefer to read a regular book. I got to play with one at a training class a few months back that the intructor had. It was neat, but not worth the money IMHO.

View PostSure would take up a lot less space than my books. I give all my books away as I have no room to store them. This thing holds 1500 titles...

I'll get one but not until the mad rush to buy them subsides and prices drop considerably. ....

I didn't know there was a mad rush, I haven't seen anyone with one yet

I know 2 people that have Kindles. Our daughter was given one by my

sis-in-law for Christmas. 13 year old girl who reads ridiculous amounts of books. She likes it when she's being carted to and from her brother's sporting events. She uses it primarily for book reading.

2nd person is a businessman, he uses it for reading books as well as daily newspapers and various other periodicals.

Both of the above love the thing, the Kindle 2 is being launched now so maybe the price will drop on the original? They are upgrading the screen and increasing memory on the new version, but honestly I thought the screen was good on the 1st. I haven't really used it for any amount of time, but when I looked at it initially I didn't feel like reading would cause any eye fatigue as opposed to a computer monitor.

A misconception I had is that the Kindle is internet based, it actually functions as a cell phone does. That is, wherever you have cell service you can download to the thing. Also, you can delete from your machine but the purchase is always available to re-download from the main site when you want.

View PostI didn't know there was a mad rush, I haven't seen anyone with one yet

I was speaking of the Kindle 2.... Available Feb 24th.

I recently read orders were hot for it...