Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foulhook

Twin Vee Officially Out of Business!

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

View PostI guess its monohulls from now on for you.....

Doesn't look like there would be any other choice at the moment. Will be curious to see if the World cat rumors are true

I came pretty close to buying a 19 ft Twin Vee a number of years ago. I'm very glad I didn't after reading about the water infiltration problem and then the lack of factory support . I'm still convinced that they are well designed boats, but that they weren't built well. Here's hoping that they get cranked out by a builder that will do it right and stand behind the product when they get something wrong.

Valentine

The ones I know of for sure thus far. More will go. I excpect 30% to be gone by the end of 2009:

Glacier Bay

Palmetto

McKeecraft

Prosports/Prokat

Sea Pro

Twin Vee

Sea Boss

Panga

Mathews

Richardson

Owens

Broadwater

Pacemaker

Trojan

Uniflite

Higgins

Elco

View PostAs the economy continues soft, attrition will weed out the junk boats and the bad dealers as survival of the fittest takes hold. I just hope the good guys survive.shaky.gif

Exactly the way I look at it. I actually look forward to this part of the cycle. I am selling the same or more boats as I sold last year. Those who should not be here to begin with will get weeded out! Kind of a cleaning house on the boat industry.

View PostHey Bob how you been, you dont come over to the otherside anymore?

I have been literally working 16-18 hour days for a while. Finishing some very interesting stuff on the Colton side(Expect a video showing the new toys soon) The boat business has also been crazy lately. Need to hire some help before spring hits. You know my number! You can always give me a buzz!

View PostDid McKee just stop production for now or are they actually done?

Read on THT that they were selling equipment off so doesn't sound like it's temporary any more.