Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L-Dog

Commercial reseller?

7 posts in this topic

The following list explains what we consider "commercial use"

• If you purchased the item elsewhere with the specific intent to sell it at a profit - that is considered commercial.

• If you purchased the item through your business allowing you to buy it at wholesale prices - that is commercial.

• If you built, assembled, produced or manufactured the item with the intention to sell it, that is commercial.
Copied from their BST rules.

View PostThe following list explains what we consider "commercial use"
  • If you purchased the item elsewhere with the specific intent to sell it at a profit - that is considered commercial.

• If you purchased the item through your business allowing you to buy it at wholesale prices - that is commercial.

• If you built, assembled, produced or manufactured the item with the intention to sell it, that is commercial.
Copied from their BST rules.

I know the rules regarding commercial selling (or maybe I dont) but I was asking more about the number of for sale threads. In theory I could purchased 10K plugs with the intent to collect them but after a few years I decide that I do not want to collect plugs any more. I could then sell 1 plug in four separate threads until all of the plugs are gone. Would that be considered a commercial? IMO a person selling a high number of items on the BST should be considered a commercial seller. Does SOL also consider this commercial reselling?

View PostI know the rules regarding commercial selling (or maybe I dont) but I was asking more about the number of for sale threads. In theory I could purchased 10K plugs with the intent to collect them but after a few years I decide that I do not want to collect plugs any more. I could then sell 1 plug in four separate threads until all of the plugs are gone. Would that be considered a commercial? IMO a person selling a high number of items on the BST should be considered a commercial seller. Does SOL also consider this commercial reselling?

It all comes down to intent. What you describe above pretty much goes on all day long 365 days of the year. Guys bought plugs years ago, and now they don't need or want them. Standard procedure here. Now if you bought the same plugs last week for 10k and then try to sell them this week for 20k then that might be considered comercial. Other thing is comercial selling has to do more with stuff you made and are trying to sell as opposed to reselling which also frowned upon.

View PostI know the rules regarding commercial selling (or maybe I dont) but I was asking more about the number of for sale threads. In theory I could purchased 10K plugs with the intent to collect them but after a few years I decide that I do not want to collect plugs any more. I could then sell 1 plug in four separate threads until all of the plugs are gone. Would that be considered a commercial? IMO a person selling a high number of items on the BST should be considered a commercial seller. Does SOL also consider this commercial reselling?

You could certainly do that L-Dog, and it would not be considered "commercial use" or "reselling".

There's no limit to the number of things you can sell here, provided that you follow the other rules. I have lots of stuff, but it's not a fraction of what other guys have - if they decided to sell their stuff today, and followed all the rules, it would just be a guy who decided to sell their stuff, even if they have a lot of it.

It's guys who buy 10 lures on Saturday and then start selling them here the following week for $10-$15 more than they paid for them. What they don't realize is, neither the builder or the retailer makes that much on the plugs...they think it's no big deal to "just" mark them up $10-$15...the reality is, that's a huge markup on a plug that cost them $20 cwm13.gif

TimS

View PostYou could certainly do that L-Dog, and it would not be considered "commercial use" or "reselling".

There's no limit to the number of things you can sell here, provided that you follow the other rules. I have lots of stuff, but it's not a fraction of what other guys have - if they decided to sell their stuff today, and followed all the rules, it would just be a guy who decided to sell their stuff, even if they have a lot of it.

TimS

True but eventually everyone will run out of stuff to sell. What I see is that the list of items some people are selling never seems to end....how is this possible?? IMO this is only possible if a person is buying and selling as a commercial business.

a 2$ / plug profit X 10K plugs = 20K$ profit

In theory one could run a nice side business, with no overhead, if they follow the rules of the site.

View Post

In theory one could run a nice side business, with no overhead, if they follow the rules of the site.

More power to 'em - if they don't break the rules, we'll never know they are reselling. Ask the folks who I've caught reselling what happens HappyWave.gif

TimS