Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Miller

Hopping on the Bendback Bandwagon

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Thanks guys.

EZ body- pearl

hook: some sort of Gami... they were in my (please don't think badly of me mad.gif ) .... sluggo box.

I really have not tied that many bendback patterns .... Maybe Pete Grey or Chris Newsome can chime in as far as the best hooks to use.

Jim, those look great! One suggestion for the one tied with the EZ body, try adding a rattle to some of them, inside the body! Sometimes it's makes a big difference!

I saw where to buy some EZ Body. But I have a question. It looks hollow, is it? Is so do you need to apply something to harden the outside of it after you tie on the body? Such as Sally's Hard As Nails or something? I really like the look of it. I cannot order any more fly tying stuff for a while. But when I can, I will try to get some of this stuff, it looks great.

EZ-body is indeed hollow. It is braided and faily stiff, so I've never found a need to apply a coating to the outside, and you certainly would not need to stiffen it for the appication shown in this thread.

"formal black" after Labor Day?!

P2230071.jpg

P2230072.jpg

Jim...NICE! My work here is done!

The question was asked...What hooks?

I've been using the Owner 5/0 Wide Gap Plus (#5339-151) and like the strength and wicked sharp cutting point...

The neck is a little short but that limits how much material can be added and encourages a sparse tye!

The right hook is whatever hook works for you!