Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UPSmanMatt

US Reel? Yay or Nay

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

The one US reel I have handled was junk.

A friend ordered one for our yearly trip to the Keys, he got it just before we left so he didn't have time to check it out.

When we got down there he pulled the reel out of the box to spool up but the handle was seized.

We tore it down and there was metal chips in the case and a couple of gear teeth were damaged. Good thing we had back up reels.

One reel, one piece of dookie, that's all I need to know.

D

View PostThe one US reel I have handled was junk.

A friend ordered one for our yearly trip to the Keys, he got it just before we left so he didn't have time to check it out.

When we got down there he pulled the reel out of the box to spool up but the handle was seized.

We tore it down and there was metal chips in the case and a couple of gear teeth were damaged. Good thing we had back up reels.

One reel, one piece of dookie, that's all I need to know.

D

Ditto, One of my older friends bought one the first year they were in the state's. The only reason he bought it was it said US REEL. He thought he was helping the US, Not ! A piece of junk or close to it.

Have one and use it for fishing the sound,have caught a couple of nice fish including some 10 pound blues. The reel did well and didn't explode like i tought it would.

My thoughts: It isn't cut out for the salt ,they cast far which is its one redeeming quality, spend your money a penn daiwa or a shimano