Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atomb

Dealing with a sports big box store

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

My rant -need to vent....

Okay My father in law got me gift card of "some sort" from a sports big box. I received an email from the store for 10 percent off I thought -good time to buy. I went to their online store and went to make the purchase. Well I was now told that this card was only good for the brick and mortar store not online. I said If i have to run back and get the right card I would like to be dicounted for my hassle they agreed and gave me an additional 20 percent off. Well now the online customer rep says we cant give you the 30 percent until after the transcation is completed and we will credit the"card" Guess what card they decide to credit of course the gift card. I was so angry.. I didnt want to spend anymore money with them. I called the rep back and asked that they put the money back to the credit card. Well as of the moment I should be getting the okay from the supervisors supervisor to put the money back where it rightfully belongs tomorrow. To be continued. I try to shop smart -- These stores can be very tricky if you dont know there rules -watch out consumers. If anyone wants to know the name of this store just ask. I have worked reatil for big orange at one time so i know the game. the ceo of my company at the time was making like 250 million and some of the guys and gals were working for 25 cent raises on 6 month timetables. I have no sympathy for beating up on the big corporate companies. I'm sure there are many ways to defend them but Im not that interested. By the way dont get fooled by the rewards programs -what a joke......

They effed me. wouldnt you know it. I will say that Dicks online has a fraudulent operation. I was told now that they can't (wont) issue my credit card the credit, only the gift card -due to the fact that the gift card was used first in an online transaction over the phone and the system cannot will not credit the credit card-- because of the "chronos with these two card transaction -what a crock".

This is a 45 dollar dilemma one that im not willing to work any harder to deal with - I shot myself in the foot a little because i got so nasty with a supervisor- This last time. There is a portion of the story i have left out concerning the good supervisor rep that was taking care of the situation-she fell short the next day and i dealt with this new *&^*& supervisor. Well suffice to say I wont be a Dicks customer ever again. The supervisors have a couple of clever lines they use to make you think there policy is so bulletproof that a return of your money is impossible. They were pissed i got a price match and 30 percent of credit and now wanted my money in the right place....Im venting so sorry Im ranting. Breathing deep. Almost went back to the nicotene on this one so super frustrated and I really sincerely believe that I was in the right trying to be a super good shopper. Buyer Beware. mad.gifmad.gif