Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skip0ls

Beachcombing

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

took the pup out beachcoming for a bit today, and look what he stumbled upon! little harbor seal, probably didn't weight over 60#. at first i thought it was hurt, or sick, but the closer i got the more nervous it go, then when i got about 10' away it took off into the water. i'm still not convinced it was healthy, but it swam fine. once it got into deeper water, and i kept moving along the beach, it followed me for a couple hundred yards. it's hard to hate em so much when they're this cute!!!

It had probably just come out of the water before you got there and was cold and tired. It was getting some sun. That's why it acted lethargic.

By scaring it back into the water you probably killed it. I'm contacting the fine people at PETA right now.

lol, there was no water on the rocks around it, it was bone dry, it had been there a while, trust me. and call em, please, it'd be hilarious if they came out here n started some stuff. hehe.

The last time we were out in Delaware bay by the wall, we were working the rip on the ocean side with about five other boats and one seal. He actually worked the rip about the same as us, amazing. We got two keepers and he got one on his third ride through the rip. No pictures but at least three boats were cherring him on!....Jack

A seal in the Del Bay - didn't know that ! Been fishing out of IRI in Delaware for the last 11 years and have never seen one. Whales, sharks, turtles- yes but never a seal. Nice to know.

View PostIt had probably just come out of the water before you got there and was cold and tired. It was getting some sun. That's why it acted lethargic.

By scaring it back into the water you probably killed it. I'm contacting the fine people at PETA right now.

cwm27.gifclapping.gif

I usually look at the pictures before i read the words, so i look at the pictures then i read the first line "Took the pup out beachcombing" then i go back to the pictures, and the first thing that pops into my mind is........ Is it legal to own a seal pup cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

i though he was yours there for a second