Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerseydave

Etex

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

Just took my first batch off of the spinner........ I won't be going back to 2ton!

What a pleasure to work with and a beautiful glossy finish.

You have what seems like an eternity to get it right, rather than rushing to "get it on".

I coated them yesterday afternoon, spun them overnight @ 80 degrees, hung them this morning.

My only complaint has nothing to do with the Etex........ I've got to clean my work area better from dust and such because the first batch got a few boogers from outside contaminents..... if it hadn't been for that the finish would be perfect.

I'm a convert for sure!

Dave

View Postheart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

Just took my first batch off of the spinner........ I won't be going back to 2ton!

What a pleasure to work with and a beautiful glossy finish.

You have what seems like an eternity to get it right, rather than rushing to "get it on".

I coated them yesterday afternoon, spun them overnight @ 80 degrees, hung them this morning.

My only complaint has nothing to do with the Etex........ I've got to clean my work area better from dust and such because the first batch got a few boogers from outside contaminents..... if it hadn't been for that the finish would be perfect.

I'm a convert for sure!

Dave

yeah it's good stuff. let's see what you made! pearl white swimmers?smile.gif

View Posthow long does etex take to cure ?

how long do you have to run the spinner ?

The instructions say that @ 70 degrees with less than 50% humidity it will hard set in 4 to 7 hours and full cure in 72.

I ran the spinner for about 14 hours but that was only because I coated them late in the afternoon and wasn't comfortable turning the spinner off before I went to bed around 11pm.

I'm thinking about 8 hours would be good.

Dave

View PostGlossy , nice. Screw eyes are huge! Those won't open.biggrin.gif

Ain't they!

I bought some when I first started and they were too small, couldn't even bet a split ring in em.

I figured I go with the "magnums" when I got the second batch......... MAGNUMS....... they weren't joking cwm31.gif

I gotta find something in between......... they helped cut down on the lead I had to use though biggrin.gif

Dave