Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skippylures

woodcarving maniacs,,,, week 2, surf-chat

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

alright last week tuned you all up, incredible carvings would be an understatementclapping.gifclapping.gif this week " The Big O" cwm15.gif right to the wolves,cwm31.gif if you succeed at this one you are ready for anything, remember to carry your gills all the way through the lips for that knockout look,heart.gif and if you think you are ready I am sure a couple of people will try body lines this week, wink.gif the photos are for reference, please throw your own twist on, this should be everyones best plug ever, drool.gif okay week two, keep the progress pics coming, lexan or stainless, screweyes or throughwired, but for sure handcarves.....

I cheated and finished this up a couple weeks ago. I just got out last weekend and the thing swims like a beasticon14.gif I'm gonna build a couple more starting tomorrow so maybe I can post along.biggrin.gif

View PostAs I do not have a Big O plug to hold in my paws, what is the length and top width of that puppy? headscratch.gif

seven inches long, 1 inch wide, 1.5 height, keep the top of your lip narrower then the body, so as no to protrude the sides, you might want to go through with a gill, the bottom portion of the lip should be just a little wider, then the fattest part of the plug, two inch lip, one inch in the wood, big metal lip means you will not need any lead, play with the shape, lets see what ya got, your carving from last week is what is going to put the thing over the topbiggrin.gif

View PostI cheated and finished this up a couple weeks ago. I just got out last weekend and the thing swims like a beasticon14.gif I'm gonna build a couple more starting tomorrow so maybe I can post along.biggrin.gif

very nice plug, your gills clearly took some effort, I think some of the guys will really get alot from it thanks.

View PostExcellent Skipp. I could even see from the eye of the pikie, a man standing looking at the plug. beers.gif

You have an awesome eye to see that! Nice skip! Mines almosty done carved...All i can do is handcarve, and I love it!

Nick

Got an old computer, so the surf chat thing does not work for me frown.gif I'll have to watch from the sidelines. Good looking stuff so far! Couple pointers for the newer builders, draw the lip angle when you trace the plug and then cut the lip slot before you shape it. Much easier to get it straight if the blank is still square.

Jigman

View PostGot an old computer, so the surf chat thing does not work for me frown.gif I'll have to watch from the sidelines. Good looking stuff so far! Couple pointers for the newer builders, draw the lip angle when you trace the plug and then cut the lip slot before you shape it. Much easier to get it straight if the blank is still square.

Jigman

on my first one,