Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tagman

Islander Fly Reel Nice!!! Like New

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys, here is a real beauty i'm looking to sell. It is the Islander AR2

fly reel. I am the original owner. I bought it on Sept. 24 1999 in Pulaski

NY. This reel is near mint guys! On a scale of 1 thru 10 with 10 being mint,

this is a 91/4. There is a small light scuff on the rim from putting the reel down along the rocky banks. Believe it or not, this reel never saw salt water!But it was made for heavy saltwater action. I own a few of these, but I use the bigger ones for Florida flats trips.

If you look at the pics I have all the documentation including the original receipt of when and where I bought it. I also have the original neoprene

case, and of course the original box with matching serial numbers. I can

assure you that this is an excellent opportunity. Remember, this is an anti

reverse fly reel. There is no need to palm this reel, and there will be no

knuckle cracking. Trust me when I tell you that this reel will be like purchasinga new reel.

The asking price is $225.00. plus shipping. This price is fair and firm!! No trades, and no pay pal. Thanks for looking

View PostIs this set up as a right hand or left hand reel ? Hard to change over? also what line weights is this reel rated for? thanks in advancesmile.gif

Hi, this reel can be setup for right or left hand drive very easily by

swinging the pawl to the left or right.

I would say you can use an 8 or 9 weight fly line. I think I used an 8.

Like I said guys, I can count on one hand how many times I used this reel.

View PostI would offer you $200.00 shipped for the reel. I know you said you were firm but there it is anyway. thankssmile.gif

No, but thanks anyway. I'm really gonna stay firm with this one. I don't really need to sell neither. I'm just cleaning some house, but theres no rush for anything. Let me know if you change your mind.

View PostNo, but thanks anyway. I'm really gonna stay firm with this one. I don't really need to sell neither. I'm just cleaning some house, but theres no rush for anything. Let me know if you change your mind.

I know what you mean, I don't really need another reel but I can't seem to pass up a gold fly reel.smile.gif Let's see if someone else wants it, it's a good deal. If you don't sell it in a couple of days I'll look again. thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0