Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jake 04 F150 FX4

fly fishing ?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Every time i drove passing by on sunrise hwy Connq river there are always trucks/cars park on south side to fishing there so i m curious is it require perimt to fishing there ?

Is that fly fishing or just normal fishing ?

Where can i find some more infos about it ?? i ll check Connq state park website..

If you have a web link then it ll be helpful!

thanks!

Jake

It's trout. Be prepared to fish like it's Montauk on a Beautiful October Sunday with a sick blitz going on. There are certainly other empty spots to hit up where you can be as successful. Just don't ask me where. I know but I ain't telling.

There were thousands of fish released from the Connetquot hatchery at the end of december and alot of fish made their way into Bubble Falls. it's mainly bait fishing and unfortunately alot of fish are dying after being released or being scooped up by gulls. Does anyone know if it's worth fishing later in the year?

View PostFair enough I'm being lazy but I just moved to Long Island and I was wondering is it consistent or just good after stockings.

There is a rule about spot reports here, and the reason is... You ask for yourself, and then 100 other guys go fish there and trash the place. You need to go put in your time and find out to make sure, even if there is a report.

Besides, the best time to fish, is anytime you can!cwm40.gif

I believe you can fish below the spillway without a fresh water permit.

As soon as you cast under the road and into the pipe, you are in fresh water/permit territory.

I see infractions there all the time!cwm13.gif

Remember, a license allows you to fish a lot of legal fresh water in NY. state, so if you want to fish there, and elsewhere, which is more productive, spend the $20 or so. It is totally worth it!smile.gif

Small spinners like Mepps #0-4 are good as are salmon eggs.

Tackle?

The fish are small, so anything you can get your hands onwink.gif

View PostLook.....I didnt ASK where to fishing... I m just asking about that area for perimt info, what rod to use etc thats all smile.gif

Thanks!

There's a tackle shop (J&H) down the road, as well as a fly shop across the road. Both east of the spot you are asking about. They can help you out.

View Post...and unfortunately alot of fish are dying after being released or being scooped up by gulls. ...

The fish are dying because most of the rubes that fish there don't know how to handle a fish. Once they get weakened by a poor release, the gulls just swoop down and grab them.