Monster rattlesnake

Rate this topic

jesbion

Thought I'd post a big snake that I took when I was younger....much younger...This old rattler was 7 ft. 1" and would have been a record setter if I had been able to keep her alive...unfortunately, as you see, she met her demise...but just last year, I was able to catch her duplicate, a 7ft. plus a smidgen...(couldn't stretch her out much, since she was squirming so much, and very powerful) And this time, I kept her alive and moved her to the back of my back forty acres, where she would be unmolested, and had plenty of rabbits and rats to eat...Most of all, I regret that I didn't think to take her back for a photo, before I turned her loose...

The photo shows that the board I had wasn't both wide enough or tall enough to properly show the size, and I wrapped the skin around the board along the sides, and at the bottom where the "vent" makes a hole..

?ui=2&ik=265c3ecb2c&view=att&th=11f728a2

View PostThought I'd post a big snake that I took when I was younger....much younger...This old rattler was 7 ft. 1" and would have been a record setter if I had been able to keep her alive...unfortunately, as you see, she met her demise...but just last year, I was able to catch her duplicate, a 7ft. plus a smidgen...(couldn't stretch her out much, since she was squirming so much, and very powerful) And this time, I kept her alive and moved her to the back of my back forty acres, where she would be unmolested, and had plenty of rabbits and rats to eat...Most of all, I regret that I didn't think to take her back for a photo, before I turned her loose...

The photo shows that the board I had wasn't both wide enough or tall enough to properly show the size, and I wrapped the skin around the board along the sides, and at the bottom where the "vent" makes a hole..

Pffft....that's a baby! Check out this monster...

red_x_mark.jpg

View PostThought I'd post a big snake that I took when I was younger....much younger...This old rattler was 7 ft. 1" and would have been a record setter if I had been able to keep her alive...unfortunately, as you see, she met her demise...but just last year, I was able to catch her duplicate, a 7ft. plus a smidgen...(couldn't stretch her out much, since she was squirming so much, and very powerful) And this time, I kept her alive and moved her to the back of my back forty acres, where she would be unmolested, and had plenty of rabbits and rats to eat...Most of all, I regret that I didn't think to take her back for a photo, before I turned her loose...

As youngsters in elementary school down at MacDill AFB in Tampa, my brother and I used to hunt rattle snakes...I'm surprised we never got bit. One time I did ride right next to one on my bike and it struck my pedalcwm31.gif

View PostAs youngsters in elementary school down at MacDill AFB in Tampa, my brother and I used to hunt rattle snakes...I'm surprised we never got bit. One time I did ride right next to one on my bike and it struck my pedalcwm31.gif

I've killed a few on my property and a few for my neighbor's wife.

I don't relish killing rattlers.

I kill them because the one I let live today, could kill me tomorrow.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?