Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

If you could have any color....

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Gibb's 1 5/8oz and 2 1/2oz Darter...and the 1oz and 2oz bottle plugs....what would they be? Don't limit yerselves to the ones they make, if ya could have any colors under the sun, what would they be?

TimS

I'll get this thing started, Black scale Darter, just like the one in your bag Tim redface.gif, Parrot darters and bottles, for those unfamilar with the parrot color, it's green over chartreuse, I know one person that would agree with me on this one right Cowhunter. biggrin.gif And they've gotta make an olive or green over white darter and bottle, that's it for now, when can I expect em!!! wink.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

good one tim,yellow,black scale,parrot,white,i know they make em in these colors,but they have proven themselves for me many times over..i'd like to see a chrome silver/white belly like the old cordell "sea hag" darters!

My favorite bottle plug is the red head / yellow body. If I could have anything that isn't around...it would be a mackeral or a coloring similar to the kuro kin for when there are some big bunkers are around. A pink over white would be nice as well.

Charlie

good one tim,yellow,black scale,parrot,white,i know they make em in these colors,but they have proven themselves for me many times over..i'd like to see a chrome silver/white belly,kinda like the old cordell "sea hag" darters!

Rick G...so you've seen a Gibb's darter in black scale? You've seen them in parrot? You've seen bottles in parrot?

Geesh, the guys at Gibb's told me I'd be the first, they swore they never made any of those before...now I feel cheap redface.gifwink.gif

TimS

I'm thinking you're thinking of ordering some custom jobs.

So what's the use of naming what they already have.

Black over purple, baby!

[This message has been edited by Plug (edited 12-09-2000).]

tim,

i have bottles in parrot for a few seasons now,solid[not scale]black darters.woul'd like to see the scale black though..parrot has been around for a while now..you getting the first run on the darters?make it available for members only,so i gotta snowballs chance at getting at least one of them!! biggrin.gif

Tim, they weren't fibbing. "These guys" at Gibbs never made the parrot color. But Gibbs has been around a lot longer than those guys have been running it, and both the Gibbs family and Jim Grecci made both the parrot and black scale finishes in the past. Freddie's out at Montauk used to be the biggest customer for the parrot bottle plug--the locals love it out there after a rainstorm discolors the water with clay run-off from the clifs.

Get those guys cracking on the black scale in all darter and bottle sizes--you'll sell enough to make it worthwhile for them, trust me on that biggrin.gif

I've got a parrot Gibbs bottle plug also- got it a couple of years ago in some tackle shop, but I forgot where. If you are special-ordering plugs, I also like the black/purple and black/orange that Plug mentioned. I bet you would also like to do a schoolbus version.

Arne

hugh, you dog! we should have the state legislators name those the state plug colors, black and purple and black back orange belly white sides even the spot tail ! how about a black back purple side orange belly !

steve

I don't care about color as much as I want some of the big Habs eyes and long lasting paint jobs on a bigger assortment of lures. Maybe some day they will realize that if they made them, we would buy them.

Charlie M, I have a 2 oz. mackeral bottle in my bag now, They do make'um.

Ed J

[This message has been edited by Ed J (edited 12-09-2000).]