Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

What about Ireland?

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

View PostBecause 78% of all industry and business is owned by the government.

So why was it going so well there a couple of years ago? I was told it was because of low taxes, but with 78% of industry owned by the government, that can't the reason. There's something here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Everyone in Ireland and Wales works for the govt. If you own a private company, you are contracted by the government to perform a service for them. It is a government-run state in the guise of a democratic nation.

View PostEveryone in Ireland and Wales works for the govt. If you own a private company, you are contracted by the government to perform a service for them. It is a government-run state in the guise of a democratic nation.

See the future, it's coming.

No, that is a contributing factor. The problem is they have socialized their nation. If it was as simple as overbuilding, the government could fix it in a week with a bulldozer.

It's pretty simple. BIG Corp's don't want a lower "tax rate", they just want the current system where loopholes and credits allow them to bring their taxes down and in some cases to zero. Some corps (majority of small business) don't have the cash to invest teams of accountants and lawyers into finding these loopholes and credits and then find ways to squeeze into them. This is just one reason why our current tax system is not only broken but is also biased.

If we got rid of every loophole and credit and then made all corps pay the same flat tax rate it would be much lower. More than likely it would be right around Ireland's if not lower. Instead as mentioned before the corp tax system is setup in favor of the company's making the most money.

The only thing you can really say about Ireland's taxation is that it is "fair" to all the company's who setup there. Maybe that's why company's, especially smaller to medium outfits have moved in. The playing field is fair where as here it is not.....

John

I thought Ireland was the model of tax breaks for business and thus a triple-A rating for the board conservatives?

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Let's turn it around: I thought when the govt. had its hands in all business, banking, and healthcare, the Democrats would give it a triple-A rating and life would be great. Get real.

Even the great Neil Boortz spoke on the virtues of a 12.5% corporate tax rate. Does anybody have crayons?

View PostNeal Boortz spoke in Dublin at the Embassy a few days ago with a panel of European talk radio hosts. Here is something he learned while there:

EUROPE LOVES BARACK? BE CAREFUL OF THE REASONS Prior to the talk radio forum at the U.S. Embassy in Dublin last week we met in a conference room with the moderator. He had done a bit of Internet research and had some questions. One of the things he was curious about was the FairTax. I gave him a brief explanation and he told me that "An idea like that will send chills down the spines of the people in this country." Later, during the forum, he explained that Ireland's economy is booming precisely because of U.S. tax policies, particularly the high taxes we levy on businesses and corporations. Much of the "Irish Miracle," as they call it, can be credited to U.S. businesses moving operations overseas to Ireland in search of a more favorable tax climate.

So, what does this have to do with Obama? Simple. He's a tax kind of guy. Some European business leaders see him as good for their economy because he's all about raising taxes back home. The more onerous our tax burden in the U.S., the better it is for European economies. Reason enough to love Obama.

http://london.usembassy.gov/webtv/