Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sheisty

RV 2/12/09 & 25+mph wind gusts.

5 posts in this topic

Arrived around 8:00am left at 5:00pm. Walked & Fish the shorelines the entire time. Nothing. No fish, no anglers, no boats. Just wind and a hand full of people looking...

I arrived around 8:00am. Grr. fished the north side a little by the floating dock and on down towards the gate. I didn't realize that my license blew away in the wind. I went hunting for it to no avail. I went and got a new one (4 bucks) and had a chit chat with the woman that was running the shop about NJ politics.

About 10am I started fishing Rangers Cove (Partially covered with a thin layer of ice) I fished down to the cove from the ramp to the cove and back towards the ramp for about an hour or so.

From there I continued to walk/fish for HOURS just about all the way down to the rocks/gate and did the same thing on the way back towards the ramp.

Next I Went to the east picnic area and it was completely covered with some thin ice.

Finally, I spent the last hour or two walking the rocks fishing the reservoir from gate to gate, and dropped a line from the floating dock near the dirt ramp a few times.

Lures used: Dives to go (DT06 Bluegill), Kennebec 600 Red Taped Spinner, Texas Rigged 4" Yum Lizard, BooYah Baby Boo Jig w/4 inch curly tail, and a pink trout magent.

hey shiesty- so no fish at all? i was down there recently lookin at birds, no fishin. there was a rare bird report from there so i had to check it out. I was wishing i'd brought a rod but from your report looks like i didnt miss out. its always windy at RV.

I like RV. I also fish from shore I usually fish for trout though. I do pretty good up there. I use 10 Lb. mono an egg sinker and power bait wrapped in that netting you get those almonds in at a wedding. I've seen many guys use this technique fishing for those big trout.

Yea Pat zilch. Water level seemed waaaaay down as well. Also the two areas I really wanted to fish were iced over completly. The wind was out of control but I did know that going in. The part in the pic totally iced over is definately bass central. Tom that sounds like a good idea for the power bait to keep it from falling off the hook.