Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
happytim

help with yammy carburators

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I got a Yammy F40tlra, need some help cleaning the carbs, last year cutting out on high speed.

Any tips or advice.

One guy told me to boil it in hot water, but that would damaged the gasket?

sounds like the high speed jets are clogged, provided it is a carb issue, I clean them out with stainless mechanics wire, not sure what the sizing is on your jets, sometimes compressed air will clean them out, those carbs are a pain to do, and even more of a pain to synch when you put them back on

Could be fuel starvation also. Symptoms would be sputtering as rpms increase. That said, it could be ignition issues too.

If you can get to high RPMs quickly but then not maintain the same RPM, you probably have a fuel starvation issue, pump, filter, tank issue or venting. Even a soft fuel line.

If it sputters both whem increasing RPMs quickly and gradually, it is probably not fuel starvation. One helpfull piece of info would be to know if the sputtering occurs both when underway AND in neutral when reving the motor.

Symptoms would be sputtering as rpms increase. NO.

sounds like the high speed jets are clogged, provided it is a carb issue, I clean them out with stainless mechanics wire, not sure what the sizing is on your jets, sometimes compressed air will clean them out, those carbs are a pain to do, and even more of a pain to synch when you put them back on.

It will hard start, but not the same idling speed (1)

Out of water I could Rev high, sounds beautiful.

In water run on low speed, but cuts out at high speed trottle.

I am getting the kits, and diving in. I am gonna arm myself my video camera, microphone, air compressor, carb cleaner, and the carb tuner. and service manual.

I feel every time I pass by her she is calling me a chicken!!cwm15.gif

be careful to notice where the linkage is when you take it apart and try not to change any of it as once you mess it up it is hard to figure out where it went, also kmake sure you have all new gaskets as they often tend to tear coming apart

thanks,

I just got the kits for the yammy F40TLRA, I feel like to vomit, when I saw the content of the package for 60-80$.

What a rip-off, anyway we new guys have to learn it the hard way.

You know it mike, make in china with child labor for a nickel then the greed kicks in and mark it up for 1000%. then these CEO showns off with expensive cars, homes, boats, and ****.headscratch.gif

The greed gonna get you, gonna gonna get yu, ITs, gonna bite a piece of it where tha sun don't shine on it. the greed, the greed.

Then hell gonna squeeze ya, squeeze the greed out of ya, sqeeze the greed out of ya.

Chugbug,

You mention the fuel pump, if its clogged it will beat the fuel pump.

How are you going about servicing the 40, are you based in new jersey/NY

We could team up, I have technical tools to sync it, but its gonna be my first cleaning.

thanks