Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big popper

Anyone making there honey's a valentines Dinner

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Shoot, I make her dinner EVERY night, so...........

Later today I am making some dark chocolate (70% Lindt cacao) dipped raspberries and orange slices, which will be placed in dark chocolate "cups".....

I do 95% the cooking at home as well.I like to do a little something different that's all.Because it's on a Saturday i have more time maybe i'll do some appetizer's.

These pics suck and don't do it justice, but.......

70% Lindt cacoa cups....these are a PITA to make (First time around, two broke while I was peeling off the aluminum baking cups, and had to re-melt and do it again), but it is a labor of heart.gif

Raspberries and orange sections dipped in the chocolate, and some extra undipped raspberries.....unfortunately, the orange got a bit flushed out in the pick with that flash

Really needs some mint leaves as a garnish, but Donna isn't big on mint, so I left it off.

It'll taste better (to her at least) than it looks in the pics (and it looks better than the pics as well).....redface.gif

my wife and I are going out,thanks to a gift certificate from my mom from christmas,nice little itilian place downtown,my wife has everything all figured out,dinner,capachino,desert,maybe desert when we get home,not,I've been sick all week long figures,mad.gifmad.gif

Steve, next time try dipping the cups and coating the exterior, dip, let it set and dip again. et 3-4 layers in there let it cool and peel. You should have a much easier time with it and a nicer looking/more consistant product.

Forget the mint, try infusing chocolate with basil heart.gifdrool.gif very very good, although you likely think I'm nuts.

As for V-day I'll be cooking for all the rich poo-poo heads. Going to be a $hitshow for sure tomorrow night with probably a ton of "kitchen tours" and silly question. The upside?? Eye candy cwm27.gifbiggrin.gif

I wasn't cooking, but now I am. cwm27.gif

There will be steamed lobsters, but also some seafood fra diablo over homemede semolina pasta, and homemade ice cream...pistacio perhaps. It was a big hit the first time and is my wifes favorite.

View Posti'm making pan seared grouper witha lemon ber blanc sauce. wild mushroom and goat cheese rissitto. also have grilled green and yellow squash.i can't wait to eat it!!!

howdy neighbor. HappyWave.gif

I **** canned the fresh pasta...I mean, I made it...it's in the fridge. I'll cook it tomorrow. I'm thinking carbanara or something.

I gots 4 lobtsters ready to be steamed, and the fixin's for seafood fra diablo. icon14.gif

View Posthowdy neighbor. HappyWave.gif

I **** canned the fresh pasta...I mean, I made it...it's in the fridge. I'll cook it tomorrow. I'm thinking carbanara or something.

I gots 4 lobtsters ready to be steamed, and the fixin's for seafood fra diablo. icon14.gif

nice lobsterdrool.gif what time do you want me to stop by???cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

this thread inspired me friday so saturday hit the fish monger and cooked up shrimp cocktail, 2lb baked stuffed lobsters and even sprung for a dozen kumomoto oysters which were a massive pain to shuck but very delicicous!

I ended up making tip's, chicken kabobs and pepers and onion all on the grill nothing fancy but always a hit. we had my mom over all in all a good night.i took pic's but my wife has the that camra.

I made Mrs. Zimmerman Sautéed shrimp in garlic & oil, grilled Lamb chops, a green, red & yellow bell pepper and portabella mushroom sauce with ricotta, fresh mozzarella & olive oil over homemade heart shaped ravioli (that's right, I made the pasta dough too), served on a slice of breaded & fried eggplant.