Attaching molding?

Rate this topic

Cabo2005

The kitchen is really coming along and I want to top the back splash with some decorative molding to dress it up a little. Molding is about 1/2" wide and I would like to glue? or otherwise attach it to the formica back splash so it can be removed it need be. Any suggestions for an adhesive would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Cabo

View PostDoes the nails adhesive set quickly as I see no way to clamp the application.

Cabo

Measure the distance from the bottom of the upper cabinets to the top of the trim. Then cut some scraps of lumber about a 1/4" longer and use them to apply pressure to the trim until it dries. Works like a charm smile.gif

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Should have used clear but had white on hand. It probably took longer to clean up the residue than the rest of the project took.

Next comes the back splash behind the stove. The Princess found some nice kitty tiles at a craft fair that need to go up. I'm thinking hard board, and a nice border attached to the wall. Like I need further reminder of cats. We have two.

Cabo

Jon, I was gonna bust yer chops about all the crumbs on yer countertop.

Then I scrolled down and realized it was spots on my computer screen redface.gifcwm27.gif

One thing about the tile backsplash for the stove. If you put up hardiboard first, you're gonna have to trim out the edges between the counter and upper cabinets. cwm13.gif

Better off just using a good mastic, and tiling right over the sheetrock. Much easier than making tiny trim to cover the 1/2" or 1/4" hardiboard edges smile.gif

View PostJon, I was gonna bust yer chops about all the crumbs on yer countertop.

Then I scrolled down and realized it was spots on my computer screen redface.gifcwm27.gif

One thing about the tile backsplash for the stove. If you put up hardiboard first, you're gonna have to trim out the edges between the counter and upper cabinets. cwm13.gif

Better off just using a good mastic, and tiling right over the sheetrock. Much easier than making tiny trim to cover the 1/2" or 1/4" hardiboard edges smile.gif

Sometime in the last year or so, or maybe even long then that, the new construction houses we do for one builder doesn't put anything up. If its getting tile backsplash it gets fasten right to the drywall. I only found this out becuase when they came to do a display in our showroom with tile behind the stove they just glued it to the wall, left it dry overnight and grouted the next day. I started asking questions becuase I always though there had to be some type of board for the tile to stick to.