Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brooklyn40snup

just starded building rods

13 posts in this topic

i just got started in rod building and im not sure about the materials blanks,guilds,threads,hands and all that good stuff.Im trying to keep the caost down because i dont wanna mess anything up if anyone can help me by pointing me in the right direction or if anybody wants to trade for something i would be gratefull

I really don't have anything to offer you, but if you're just starting out I recommend using inexpensive blanks and inexpensive guides, etc.. It really doesn't make sense to buy a set of titanium guides or a 3000 dollar blank right off the bat.

So buy a used rod that needs TLC and rebuild it.

You want something with crappy, old, or broken guides, worn cork tape, busted reelseat, that sort of thing. Just be sure there are no deep scratches in the blank - that's a bad thing.

You can score some pretty great stuff at the flea markets - I've done particularly well there. That's where I scored almost all my Harnells along with a few Lami's for very very little money - then I stripped and rebuilt em.

View PostSo buy a used rod that needs TLC and rebuild it.

You want something with crappy, old, or broken guides, worn cork tape, busted reelseat, that sort of thing. Just be sure there are no deep scratches in the blank - that's a bad thing.

You can score some pretty great stuff at the flea markets - I've done particularly well there. That's where I scored almost all my Harnells along with a few Lami's for very very little money - then I stripped and rebuilt em.

thanks you

I Have A Gsb 120 1l Which Is A Great All Around Blank For The Surf Can Handle 1-21/2 Oz Extremely Well. I Was Really Looking To Trade It For A 120 1m Cause I Have A 1l Already I Can Save You Shipping And A Couple Dollars If Your Interested. You Can Search The Rod Building Forum Ans Check Threads On This Blank...im Sure You Will Be Happy With It. 140$

View PostI Have A Gsb 120 1l Which Is A Great All Around Blank For The Surf Can Handle 1-21/2 Oz Extremely Well. I Was Really Looking To Trade It For A 120 1m Cause I Have A 1l Already I Can Save You Shipping And A Couple Dollars If Your Interested. You Can Search The Rod Building Forum Ans Check Threads On This Blank...im Sure You Will Be Happy With It. 140$

thanks very much but money is a little tight right now

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0