Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goddi69

14ft 1989 crestliner aluminum fishhawk max motor????

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

the plate on my 14ft 1989 crestliner aluminum fishhawk is scrubbed off where it shows the max weight motor i can put on , i couldnt find it on internet. It has a 90 pound 18 horse on it now. i was thinking of going bigger is there any real light weight, 25-40 horse power motors on the market? Also what do you guys think i could get away with putting on the back of it

beers.gif

View Postthe plate on my 14ft 1989 crestliner aluminum fishhawk is scrubbed off where it shows the max weight motor i can put on , i couldnt find it on internet. It has a 90 pound 18 horse on it now. i was thinking of going bigger is there any real light weight, 25-40 horse power motors on the market? Also what do you guys think i could get away with putting on the back of it

beers.gif

What is the Beam of the boat??? Max weight in the boat ,gear people etc. No need of a 40 My 16' 8' beam mirrocraft used to fly with a 40 and it was rated at 50. Look at Outboard manufactures specs for there engines. More than likely it's going to be around 20- 30 HP Max

Lightweight motors? Nothing that will even come close to that 18 that you already have. A new Evinrude E Tech 30 with electric start will be right at 150#, and that doesn't include the battery.

There are lots of used 25HP 2 strokes out there. I had one and sold it and I've been using a 9.9 HP on a 14 ft Sea Nymph alum. A 25 would be perfect, anything bigger would be just extra weight.

I think anything over 25hp is overkill. I have a 16 ft Starcraft with a 25 Yamaha and it flies. I also had the same motor on a 18ft Grumman and it still did very well. The 40hp will be too heavy for a 14 footer.