Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
etch a sketch

lm/sm bass bait question

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

hi guys not a bass fisherman so excuse my ignorance,redface.gif, quick question for the guys who fish the bucket mouths, i have a 4 to 5 inch wooden floating frog proto, with carved moving legs via hook hangers., the one i tested has a pikie lip, and only a single belly treble(5/0), swims the nutz, legs dont tangle, or foul with the hook and the hook is positioned where a head shot or hit from behind should be mint for a hook up, i know(hope )smile.gif the pike and bass will hammer this guy, so i was thinking to have a top water version for the weeds it will only have a 5 /0 siwash counter sunk and embedded out the rear end hook point up that way it gets thrown in the slop and weeds,, will test it for leg fouling first of course, will the single hook only affect in the hook ups?? any ideas or thoughts on this guys??cwm40.gif

thanxs Etch

it might but u could probably just throw a trailer hook on it. i never usually have a problem with weeds and trailer hooks put i dont kno how thick the weeds r that ur planning on fishing

View Postit might but u could probably just throw a trailer hook on it. i never usually have a problem with weeds and trailer hooks put i dont kno how thick the weeds r that ur planning on fishing

thanxscwm40.gifclapping.gif , as for your trailer, its a single to a single i assume? how do you rig it if you dont mind me asking? shrink tube? or? beers.gif

View Posti think when a bass comes up to take your five inch wooden frog, he's gonna give himself a concussion!!!biggrin.gif

inkbag you kill me, tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifbeers.gif

Etch

View PostYou should be fine with a hook that way. If you put a trailer it will snag.

My frogging is weedless (hook up) so it can skip across the top of the pads/weeds.

thanxs striper, do you miss alot of head shot hits that way? or are they pretty much the attack from behind hit the whole bait in one shot deal?thanxs

Etch

View PostYou should be fine with a hook that way. If you put a trailer it will snag.

My frogging is weedless (hook up) so it can skip across the top of the pads/weeds.

is ur frog made of soft plastic?

etch if u plan on using this just for large mouth i would honestly go a little a smaller like 3 or 4 inches. the down size in the plug would really increase hook ups well atleast i think it will