Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassinJ

Overcast Conditions

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Well in the world of freshwater bassing, there are a few rules that come into play on a good overcast day. Such as topwaters working better then normal, dark colors working best, and other changes that slip my mind atm... headscratch.gif.

Anyhow I just wanted to know if there are any specific things you do in overcast conditions regarding to plugging from the surf. Are there specific colors that tend to work better on overcast conditions, specific types of lures that produce better? Etc...

Any info is always greatly appreciated, thanks!

I don't plug much during the day time unless it's spring. The only real rule I have in the spring for an overcast day is that instead of quitting at 8 I'll keep at it til 10 if it's nice and gray out.

I know some guys had luck with black plugs last year when it was overcast but I think i remember the water being dirty as well....

John

i fish mainly sunset, sunrise, and nighttime. when i plug during the day, its ONLY on overcast days. for me, the rules are simple, find the whitewater, swim dannys, jrs, or a40's through it, in white or yellow.

but then again, i don't know what i'm talking about

View PostI don't plug much during the day time unless it's spring. The only real rule I have in the spring for an overcast day is that instead of quitting at 8 I'll keep at it til 10 if it's nice and gray out.

I know some guys had luck with black plugs last year when it was overcast but I think i remember the water being dirty as well....

John

Yep, there where a few days last fall when we had dirty water, one was on the tale end of that particularity bad alge bloom. I was overcast and they wouldnt touch my trusty yellow bomber or eel choopy needle. Im walking down the beach and a regular comes up to me and says "hope you got black". I had black bomber so i fliped it out and sure enough it was game on. The fish hit reeeeeel wired though. sipping at the plug. all hooked on the tail hook.

I like a plug with a charcoal color to it on these days it resembles the sky coloring and seam to trigger more strikes for me.A pollack BM Danny has done well for me on over cast day's as well not sure why.black slug go's also.