Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fknofficer

types of fish

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

View PostI am new to the area and would like to know what types of fish are avaliable from the beaches.

What area? We have no idea where you are.

Fix your profile, if you enter "the middle of nowhere" as your location, you will never get any basic good information. You are not the only one guilty of doing this, so don't take this rant personally. There is no one here asking for your house number. but to get any information that could help you get started or going in a new place has to include the place. There is a wealth of information that members can search here and won't you be surprised when you find a lot of your questions have already been answered.

Your question is a little general, and I would add there are no answers to any question that starts out "What is the best..." read a bunch of the posts and get back to us.

Peace

Sorry to all that I did not do my profile correctly. Thanks for your responses. I will correct my profile. In the mean time, I am in Ft myers, Fla. and not sure what fish are in the area from the shore lines. I have not fished in salt water since I was in my 20's in New Jersey, and pretty much forgot most of what I knew...Don't get old, lol I am looking forward to more responsed in Ft Myers Fl area, Thanks again, Ed

For Starters, You've got Snook, Reds, Sea Trout and Pompano. Two suggestions:

• Buy this book: "Good Luck and Tight Lines: A Sure Fire Guide to Florida's Inshore Fishing," by R. G. Schmidt. It's written specifically as a primer for folks with at least some fishing experience, but not in Florida.

• Google Bait Box. It's just over the bridge on Sanibel. Their reports are infrequent but pretty informative as to what's happening in local waters. Bookmark the reports page and keep an eye on it. Better yet, take a ride over there and talk to Norm. Pick up his book, "Snook on the Fly." It's full of info useful even if you don't fly fish. Great guy, and also a transplanted Northeasterner.
Welcome aboard.