have you ever noticed

Rate this topic

Jsfishnguy

Might be time for another lurker amnesty week smile.gif Let them join and make their first post without letting existing members lie to them and tell them they must post a joke - some people won't post cause they don't wanna have to post a joke. Truth is, nobody is or ever was required to post a joke icon25.gif I'm waiting for the first new member to correct the folks who invariably say "New people must tell a joke" clapping.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

View PostMight be time for another lurker amnesty week smile.gif Let them join and make their first post without letting existing members lie to them and tell them they must post a joke - some people won't post cause they don't wanna have to post a joke. Truth is, nobody is or ever was required to post a joke icon25.gif I'm waiting for the first new member to correct the folks who invariably say "New people must tell a joke" clapping.gif

TimS

I thought it was customary...

I have to stop putting people on the spot. beatin.gif

I only do it because I love a good joke. biggrin.gif

Chris

I'm on a bridge to a better day...

Hello, my name is Phil and I am a lurker

I come to the site for entertainment and education. I rarely leave without finding one or the other. It's a great read.

I used to fish 11 months a year, now I'm lucky to get out 5 times a summer.

Work, marriage and kids are the enemy of my fishing time.

Just reading the exploits of others helps me not forget what it was like to live to fish.

When I can contribute I will. Until then I lurk

View PostMight be time for another lurker amnesty week smile.gif Let them join and make their first post without letting existing members lie to them and tell them they must post a joke - some people won't post cause they don't wanna have to post a joke. Truth is, nobody is or ever was required to post a joke icon25.gif I'm waiting for the first new member to correct the folks who invariably say "New people must tell a joke" clapping.gif

TimS

Don't remember posting the "required" joke.

I was too excited at the prospect of getting all my reel/distance casting questions answered.

I remember those early days; a blitz of questions as if I were on a programmed instruction bender inquiring into the realm of reeldom.

I was.

There's a good joke about atoms and electrons that I'll post when I find it.

Pretty sure I heard it on Bill Wattenberg's show.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?