Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
planter

Silent Spin seat/Plug/Jig Giveaway

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

I'm giving away a Salty's Dastardly Dannie swimmer and a Mike's Big Jig as my way of saying thanks to SOL and it's members for helping me through winter by answering my my conventional questions.

The piece de resistance is a Silent Spin seat. If you don't have one you need one!!

redface.gif

All you have to do is say something nice about five gallon buckets and it doesn't even have to be fishing related. I'm going away somewhere warm and will pick a winner on the 23rd. That will give some of you the time required to think of a redeeming feature of a bucket. I will use the method Tim S. recommends in the Member/New Member thread for picking the winner.

smile.gif

P1050128.jpg

Let's see, I'm a plumber and what can I say about 5 gallon buckets? Well, I've used them as a toolbox, a parts hauler, a bail bucket, a toilet (more times than I care to remeber) I've cut them in half to patch a clay pipe storm sewer, a deer stand seat, duck blind seat, a bait bucket and on and on. It seems the ubiquitous (sp) 5 gallon bucket is as usefull as duct tape!

JAsmile.gif

P.S. I'm in

I use 5 gal buckets to store birdseed, charcoal, tools, etc.

I used to use one for fishing but now I find a lure bag more practical.

I knew 5 Gal buckets had become part of the culture when they became available without the wallboard compound.

i'm obsessed with em'. but i never seem to have enough of em'. every time i find one it gets filled w/ shtuff and i have to find another. i have em filled with playground sand, pebbles, mulch, baseballs, tennis balls, old cassettes, baseball bats, sea shells, copper tubing, scrap metal &/or lumber bits, my son's old toys....and yes, tackle. i cant seem to keep one empty. i have been known to pull over on the highway to grab one laying on the side of the road...milk crates too! home depot now sells them...but they aint white, they are orange and advertise home depot...doesn't seem right...refuse to buy one...need to get more...just a few more...the white ones caked w/ old shpackle!! i especially like the caution / cuidado pictures on the side advising that i shouldn't allow my kid to dive into it. they rule!!!! they rule!!!!