Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petesgonefishing

Anybody had a "Diskogram" to determine the extent of disk problems?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Tough week this week, Discogram Monday, Vasectomy Thursday and Basil cell cancer removal this comming Monday. But I have to say the discogram has to be the worst pain ever! I had 4 discs injected with 2 being positive for "significant clinical injury". Next step surgery.

For those of you who don't know a discogram is injections directly into the disc WITHOUT any sedation or pain medication a negative is no pain on injection a positive is SEVERE pain in the injected disc. I had 4 done 2 positive one "going bad" and one negative. The positive discs were possibly the most pain I have ever had and I have had multiple broken bones, ruptured tendons and multiple concussions.

What tests have you guys had that were painfull?

That pain you felt is what individuals feel all the time when a disc ruptures and presses on the cord.

BTDT!!!!

Pain beyond description......

Next time there, I think you need a cranialgram. There is definately something wrong up there.

I broke a fingernail while sanding plugs at Scott's last week, boy did that hurt.

Sorry to here of your troubles Pete, maybe just double up on the blue cans.

View PostThat pain you felt is what individuals feel all the time when a disc ruptures and presses on the cord.

BTDT!!!!

Pain beyond description......

frown.gifyep!

Pete, sorry you had to go through this, but now you know where the pain is coming from so you can do the right surgery for you and get back to good health.

I wish you all the best and hope you are back on the water soon and feeling great!

Mine was a waste of time. Cat scans & MRI's said my pain was NOT where I felt pain. So injecting they go, and didn't get to the spot. They only had to do the next space, but, they didn't.

One Dr. says I should loose 50lb. That would put me to the weight I was in Junior high, 160lb. I'm 6'2", and refuse to look like I just got out of a "concentration camp".